Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Bears have solved all there problems at Oline, WR, C and S with the signing of one player!

Roy Williams is now a Bear!

Yes, that's right! Roy Williams and Mike Martz are going to try to relive their Lions glory days together in Chicago!

****!
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

"Reuniting with former coach" seems to be a major theme of the free agent frenzy.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
        And the Bears have solved all there problems at Oline, WR, C and S with the signing of one player!

Yes, that's right! Roy Williams and Mike Martz are going to try to relive their Lions glory days together in Chicago!

****!
        I hope so. One less issue for the new Lions to worry about.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          That the trade addressed the needs of the Cardinals moreso than that of the Eagles?
          And that is represented how exactly by them making the playoffs as opposed to winning games?

You know full well you were being dishonest because you know all it takes is 7 wins to make the playoffs in the NFC West.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

****!
            Another former Cowboy WR, Sam Hurd, has signed with the Bears.
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 29, 2011, 10:56.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

And that is represented how exactly by them making the playoffs as opposed to winning games?
              DRC for Kolb is actually a step back for the Eagles franchise. They have less now then they did last year.

Arizona got what they needed, a replacement for Warner. They've got the recievers. Filled a large hole.

You know full well you were being dishonest because you know all it takes is 7 wins to make the playoffs in the NFC West.
              The only one being dishonest here is you. You may have claimed that they will win more games, I did not.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm struggling to wrap my head around how the Cardinals came out better on this deal when the media consensus is that the Cardinals were nearly fleeced. They get an unproven QB, whom the Eagles did not even need, at the cost of a second round pick and a first round talent at CB.

And how is DRC a step-back? Do you know how atrocious the other CB's were on the Eagles beyond Asante Samuel? They've upgraded the position significantly. The only flaw is DRC isn't that great of a coverage guy and is like a little Asante Samuel in that he's the type to get burned trying to get the pick. Regardless, it's a huge upgrade from Joselio Hanson, Dimitri Patterson, and Jorrick Calvin.

Comment

I'm struggling to wrap my head around how the Cardinals came out better on this deal when the media consensus is that the Cardinals were nearly fleeced. They get an unproven QB, whom the Eagles did not even need, at the cost of a second round pick and a first round talent at CB.
                  This is the same 'unproven QB who was to lead the Eagles last year. Trading an overrated and unprodective CB is a good trade for them.
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 29, 2011, 12:10.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Kolbs actual stats aren't that good.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

For a player with 19 NFL games? They are better then most at that stage of their career.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

And how is DRC a step-back? Do you know how atrocious the other CB's were on the Eagles beyond Asante Samuel? They've upgraded the position significantly. The only flaw is DRC isn't that great of a coverage guy and is like a little Asante Samuel in that he's the type to get burned trying to get the pick. Regardless, it's a huge upgrade from Joselio Hanson, Dimitri Patterson, and Jorrick Calvin.
                        Just stop. This argument will get no where even though every other person on this thread knows you are right about the trade.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Al just can't ****ing help himself.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Nice to see you, Sava. Hope all is well.

What are you up to these days?
                            You too!

GO BEARS

I like your avatar. That art style is cool
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

****!
                              jesus ****ing christ

FACEPALM
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Anyway, as was expected, Vince Young is the newest Philadelphia Eagle.

I think Vince Young's career stock just skyrocketed. Young has been quietly efficient the past two years but getting developed by Andy Reid will almost certainly improve his game tremendously.

I would not be shocked to see the Eagles trade him or Vick next year for another king's ransom. Would be off the wall if the Eagles could trade a starting QB every offseason for 3 straight years.

If Young succeeds Vick as the Eagles' QB in a couple years, it would be fascinating that, except for a few years in the mid-90's, the Eagles would have had some of the most mobile QB's in NFL history at the position from Cunningham to (after the turnstile 90's) McNabb to Vick to Young.

Comment

Working...
                                X