Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm done. First he called the Chargers the most stacked offense in football... then he somehow claims Lesean McCoy and Mike Tolbert had comparable seasons last year even though McCoy had 721 more yards from scrimmage and 53 more catches than Tolbert... dude, 721 more yards! WHAT THE ****?! That's not even close!

You're retarded, Ben.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Watching early exhibition games... Ah, the simple pleasures of life!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Now let me get this straight Ben... You claim both the Eagles and the Chargers were on the outside and "looking in" last year, even though the Eagles actually were on the inside and in the playoffs while the Chargers didn't... And you also Claim that the Chargers are vastly superior on offense. If you actually look at the stats from last year, yeah, the Chargers were number one last year in yards per game at 395.6. But the Eagles were number 2 at 389.4. That's not a heck of a lot better. And at least the Eagles were CLUTCH enough to make the playoffs, while the Chargers choked and didn't. And as far as this year, the Eagles continue to add good players to their offense, while the Chargers have done very little to improve.

So basically, everything you have been saying is false.
        The Eagles weren't on the outside...
        The Chargers were the non clutch team last year as they gagged their way through the season while the Eagles were the clutch team that actually made it to the post season.
        And the Chargers offense in 2010 was only marginally more productive than the Eagles... and the Eagles have made real improvements to their team on offense for this year, while the Chargers haven't, indicating that their offense won't be vastly superior to a team they barely managed to beat on offense in 2010.

So while I rarely agree with Alby... I do agree with him here.

YOU ARE A MORON BEN!
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Don't forget that McCoy had 53 more catches and 721 more yards from scrimmage than Tolbert yet Tolbert did about as well.

Per game basis? They both played 15 games last year!
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The Chargers were the non clutch team last year as they gagged their way through the season while the Eagles were the clutch team that actually made it to the post season.
            The Chargers, despite injuries to their RB1, WR1, WR2, TE1, still finished number one in the entire NFL in yardage.

If you need further argument as to their depth on offense, I don't know what to say.

Are the Eagles a deep team? Yes. Are they a talented one? Yes. Are they as good on paper as the Chargers? No.

It remains to be seen whether their additions will help or hurt the team. Yes, I said hurt because their's only one ball to go around and I'm not convinced that this team will mesh all that well.

And the Chargers offense in 2010 was only marginally more productive than the Eagles... and the Eagles have made real improvements to their team on offense for this year, while the Chargers haven't, indicating that their offense won't be vastly superior to a team they barely managed to beat on offense in 2010.
            Despite losing LT, they still had the best offense in football. That says quite a bit for their depth. Did they miss LT? Undoubtedly. Especially in the clutch. But I expect them to do well this year and better than the Eagles.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Rex Grossman beat the Steelers. 19/26 207 yards and a TD in what? A half? Even against the second-string, that's bad business for Pittsburgh. How can you let Grossman do that to you?

Comment

• Is it sad that Grossman was once a starting QB for the Bears?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I don't think the Steelers really care about preseason game number 1. They're probably more concerned with analyzing young players.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Rex Grossman was a starting QB in the Super Bowl.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The very epitome of an example of team sport.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        The Chargers, despite injuries to their RB1, WR1, WR2, TE1, still finished number one in the entire NFL in yardage.
                        And did NOT make the play offs... a bunch of losers

If you need further argument as to their depth on offense, I don't know what to say.
                        And what exactly did they do with that "depth"... they gagged and LOST.

Are the Eagles a deep team? Yes. Are they a talented one? Yes. Are they as good on paper as the Chargers? No.
                        The Eagles were almost as good last year on offense, and did make the play offs... you can cram the "paper"... the Chargers were losers while the Eagles made it to the play offs.
                        And on paper, the Eagles have improved their team for 2011... far more than the Chargers have.

It remains to be seen whether their additions will help or hurt the team. Yes, I said hurt because their's only one ball to go around and I'm not convinced that this team will mesh all that well.
                        Your opinions really aren't worth very much since you think the eagles were looking in last year, even though they made the playoffs.
                        The Chargers sucked last year, and failed to make the play offs in a weak division... The Eagles made the play offs.

What are you smoking?

Despite losing LT, they still had the best offense in football. That says quite a bit for their depth. Did they miss LT? Undoubtedly. Especially in the clutch. But I expect them to do well this year and better than the Eagles.[/QUOTE]
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• And what exactly did they do with that "depth"... they gagged and LOST.
                          Uh, Ajiritutu was their starting WR.

The Eagles were almost as good last year on offense, and did make the play offs... you can cram the "paper"... the Chargers were losers while the Eagles made it to the play offs.
                          If it wasn't for a last second return TD they would have been out.

And on paper, the Eagles have improved their team for 2011... far more than the Chargers have.
                          Yeah but the Chargers were already ahead of them.

Your opinions really aren't worth very much
                          Doesn't matter what you think they are worth. It only matters if I'm right.

What are you smoking?
                          Dunno. Last I looked I was drinking pink lemonade.

Hey you want to ride the Vick train, be my guest.

Comment

• When a team dominates statistically but can't win - especially in a weak division - it raises a flag.
                            Wonder when was the last time a team led the NFL in offense and failed to make the playoffs?

Comment

• When a team dominates statistically but can't win - especially in a weak division - it raises a flag.
                              Wonder when was the last time a team led the NFL in offense and failed to make the playoffs?
                              Special teams were the difference. They were also 3rd in Defense too.

Comment

• It seems like they had awful luck as well. Which indicates that if luck goes the other way, then maybe they'll have a much better season this year.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X