Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, JR. You hit it on the nose. But, I agree, you'll never convince Alby.

Comment

• I just see return men as inferior players by definition. If Hester's so good, why the hell can he not play offense?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• NFL.com is so annoying with their occasional 'live look-ins'. Yeah, I appreciate the in-depth commentary and breakdown of plays but I just want to see the actual game.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Hey Jrabbit, remember that Cleveland double reverse pass?

Turns out it was illegal!

The play in question stationed versatile Josh Cribbs in shotgun, with quarterback Colt McCoy split left and backup passer Seneca Wallace split right.

» At the snap, Cribbs takes the snap and flips it to Wallace, motioning left. Forward pass No. 1.

» McCoy then enters stage left and receives Wallace's lateral. Colt then proceeds to whip it to Wallace 21 yards downfield. Forward pass No. 2, a football no-no.

"The first exchange (Cribbs to Wallace) was practiced all week as a handoff. Three times," Pat Shurmur told The Plain Dealer. "In the game, it got flipped. That kind of stuff happens all the time. I was well aware what happened. And I know the rules."
          Yeah Cribbs to Seneca was a shovel pass. That means two forward passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            I just see return men as inferior players by definition. If Hester's so good, why the hell can he not play offense?
            Hester sucks as a WR because he's as dumb as a box of rocks. He doesn't understand where or why he needs to be in a certian place on a route. He doesn't know when he's the hot read. This is why when Hester catches a pass, it's usually a long bomb. He doesn't know anything beyond 'run downfield very fast'.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
              Hester sucks as a WR because he's as dumb as a box of rocks. He doesn't understand where or why he needs to be in a certian place on a route. He doesn't know when he's the hot read. This is why when Hester catches a pass, it's usually a long bomb. He doesn't know anything beyond 'run downfield very fast'.
              :lol

But true.

Comment

• Anyone else watching this drive?

Comment

• HOLY ****!

TEBOW! Anyone else see that drive?!

Holy ****!

Comment

• Overstated, but not without a grain of truth. He's an incredible athlete, and his special skill seems to be anticipating seams in kick coverage and being in the right spot when that hole opens. Yeah, he's really fast, but people also underestimate his strength. He's actually a pretty good blocker in the run game.

He was listed as a DB when he was drafted and played there in preseason games his rookie year. Back at The U, he was switched back and forth between offense and defense multiple times.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• 12 play, 95 yard drive in the 4th quarter. Empty backfield down the field. All Tebow throwing and running. Down to 1 minute, he ducks the blitz and breaks off a 20 yard run for the game-leading score.

The last minutes of the 4th quarter... TEBOW TIME!!!!

Comment

• And the defense holds and Denver is 5-5 on the year.

Comment

• Sanchez is no more the answer at QB for the Jets than Tebow is for the Broncos; and Tebow is a better athlete.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            HOLY ****!

TEBOW! Anyone else see that drive?!

Holy ****!
                            Not watching tonight. Checked the stats a couple times during the game and it appears that Tebow was once again worthless untill the final minutes. Last time I looked, he had like 68 yds passing and 14 rushing when NYJ was driving for their last FG...

WTF is up with the Jets? They couldn't score an offensive TD against Denver?
                            Also, did Shonn Greene get injured? I assume so, since McKnight got 22 touches.
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Greene got injured.

Code:
                              Passing	          Cmp	Att	Yds	TDs
                              T. Tebow	  9	20	104	0
                              Rushing	          Car	Yds	Avg	TDs
                              T. Tebow	  8	68	8.5	1
                              Who is the HOF's youngest at time of induction? A thought just came to me. Aaron Rogers should retire. He has money. He would surely go down as the youngest elected member.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                                Who is the HOF's youngest at time of induction? A thought just came to me. Aaron Rogers should retire. He has money. He would surely go down as the youngest elected member.
                                Answer:
                                Gale Sayers of the Chicago Bears, inducted in 1977 at the age of 34.

Comment

Working...
                                X