Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More telling about how effective Detroit's rush defense is than the raw numbers... they have given up only 1 rushing score through 4 games and only 15.8% of rushes against them lead to first downs, 4th best in the NFL behind only Baltimore, Tennessee, and Dallas.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Alby, you work harder at and get less value from stats analysis than anyone I know.

(Ben gets similar benefit levels, but seems to put less time into it.)
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• What do you mean? The stats speak for themselves. Detroit's run D is better than indicated by their raw yards against. They're arguably a top-5 run defense, especially when not playing against scrambling QB's and Percy Harvin/Dexter McCluster.

It makes sense. Big defensive linemen aren't quick enough to be able to take down a QB scrambling or a Dexter McCluster on a trick play, but pure RB's trying to run between the tackles on plays that aren't shotgun draws get shut down.

You need misdirection against this defensive line.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• (Ben gets similar benefit levels, but seems to put less time into it.)
          It's just in IDP that I'm doing poorly.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            What do you mean?
            I mean your analysis is convenient at best. Not saying your point is incorrect; just that your analysis is kind of self-serving and simple-minded.

The stats speak for themselves. Detroit's run D is better than indicated by their raw yards against. They're arguably a top-5 run defense, especially when not playing against scrambling QB's and Percy Harvin/Dexter McCluster.

It makes sense. Big defensive linemen aren't quick enough to be able to take down a QB scrambling or a Dexter McCluster on a trick play, but pure RB's trying to run between the tackles on plays that aren't shotgun draws get shut down.
            All I'm saying is that you have jumped through a lot of hoops trying to justify your POV. Again, not saying you're not right - just that your breakdown proves nothing.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• You have to remember that when he seeks a second opinion he talks to himself.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I know it's early, but any speculation as to the favourite for #1 pick in next years draft?

Four teams at 0-4 (Miami, St. Louis, Minnesota & Indianapolis)
                Another 7 at 1-3 (Arizona, Carolina, Denver, Jacksonville, Kansas City, The Dream Team & Seattle)

I would think the number 1 pick will come from among these 11....what do you think? Any early favourites? Someone else entirely perhaps? Based on the first four games I am giving Minnesota the early edge here.

/me
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Minneapolis in my opinion. QB sucks and they may end up going to Ponder.

Comment

• Minnesota is not that bad though. They've played nothing but close games, usually complete with 4th quarter collapses on their part. The margins of their losses have been 7, 4, 3, and 5 points. Playing in the NFC North won't help, though.

Comment

• I agree that Minnesota is probably a bit better than their record indicates. I'd bet on the Colts. Unless they get a few wins quick, there is no reason to risk Payton this year at all. And without him, they will not win games.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah Indy is probably the favorite at this point, although Jacksonville with Gabbert and a questionable defense is in the team photo.

In the NFC, I would have said Seattle, but then they went and won a game. I really thought they were deliberately tanking the season to get Andrew Luck. How else do you explain going with Tarvaris Jackson? Plus, their O-line might be worse than the Bears'.

Comment

• If there was any doubt that Payton Manning needs to be in the HOF, the Colts this year should settle that question.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Yeah Indy is probably the favorite at this point, although Jacksonville with Gabbert and a questionable defense is in the team photo.

In the NFC, I would have said Seattle, but then they went and won a game. I really thought they were deliberately tanking the season to get Andrew Luck. How else do you explain going with Tarvaris Jackson? Plus, their O-line might be worse than the Bears'.
                            My thoughts too. Jacksonville could play spoiler.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• It will be the Rams, or the loser of the Chiefs-Colts matchup.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• The Chiefs... forgot about them. Cassel without Weis, Jamaal Charles out.
                                They seem pretty horrible. Could be a contender.

Comment

Working...
                                X