Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ochocinco is the latest New England Patriot!

Not a big surprise. Ochocinco has long been a favorite of Bill Belichick and the Patriots were expected to make a move for the WR.

I'm reminded of this exchange:

Could he have a Randy Moss-like resurgence in New England?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Bears are making moves, but they're all at tight end. What happened to O-line, LB and WR?

Comment

What the hell are you talking about?
        Giving up a CB for a starting QB?

The Eagles just raped the Cardinals.
        Vick goes down, the Eagles are done.

Cards will make the playoffs, Eagles won't.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Giving up a CB for a starting QB?

Vick goes down, the Eagles are done.

Cards will make the playoffs, Eagles won't.

We're betting on this one? The Eagles will have a better end of season record (yes, this pains me as a Giants fan) than the Cardinals. Guaranteed. Have at it.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

And by the way, rumor is the Eagles and Vince Young are mutually interested. If that pans out, Vick goes down, Vince Young brings his 30-17 record as a starter to the Eagles with more receiving talent than he's ever had in his career.

And scarily enough, Andy Reid could probably make a superstar out of Young.

Probably develop him, showcase him, and ship him off for another star defensive player and a second round pick
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 28, 2011, 20:05.

Comment

Is it bad when the QB carousel isn't the Redskins?

Albert, I said the Cards make the playoffs. You changing things implies that you don't have much confidence in the Eagles.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Is it bad when the QB carousel isn't the Redskins?

Albert, I said the Cards make the playoffs. You changing things implies that you don't have much confidence in the Eagles.
                You jackass, the Cardinals play in the NFC West where the 7-9 Seahawks made the playoffs while the 10-6 Bucs and Giants didn't.

Playoffs doesn't mean ****.

You're talking about winning games so it comes down to the records, not who makes the playoffs.
                Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 28, 2011, 21:20.

Comment

So in other words, playoffs DO mean something.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    So in other words, playoffs DO mean something.
                    What?

Drop your constant defense of Ben. It doesn't look good for you when Ben spews retarded nonsense on a constant basis and you're the one sticking up for him.

Comment

Well Ben was correct in that you changed his argument....he said that Arizona would make the playoffs with Kolb while Philadelphia would miss the playoffs (with Vick ), you said Philadelphia would finish with a better record than Arizona. Sounds like two mutually exclusive arguments in that both of you could easily be correct given the strength of the two divisions in question.

It seems entirely possible to me that Philadelphia (with say a 9-7 record) could miss the playoffs, while Arizona (with a 8-8) makes the playoffs. Do I think either or both of these possibilities are likely? No idea, but I think that Ben is correct (it may be a first) when he points out that you are twisting the arguement, and seeing as that is generally his method of debating, don't expect too much support when you do the same

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

See?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                          Well Ben was correct in that you changed his argument....he said that Arizona would make the playoffs with Kolb while Philadelphia would miss the playoffs (with Vick ), you said Philadelphia would finish with a better record than Arizona. Sounds like two mutually exclusive arguments in that both of you could easily be correct given the strength of the two divisions in question.

It seems entirely possible to me that Philadelphia (with say a 9-7 record) could miss the playoffs, while Arizona (with a 8-8) makes the playoffs. Do I think either or both of these possibilities are likely? No idea, but I think that Ben is correct (it may be a first) when he points out that you are twisting the arguement, and seeing as that is generally his method of debating, don't expect too much support when you do the same

/me

His playoff measure is meaningless because the Seahawks made the playoffs with a 7-9 record in that division.

Comment

Ben didn't say which will be the better team, Alby. You're arguing as if he did.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What was his f-ing point then?

Comment

That the trade addressed the needs of the Cardinals moreso than that of the Eagles?

Comment

Working...
                                X