Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An entire offseason is getting compressed in a week. That's what's happening.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well it looks like one hell of a ride.

Also, Lions grab linebacker Justin Durant and are making an effort to get linebacker Stephen Tulloch as well. I don't recognize the names, but apparently Tulloch was the NFL's second leading tackler last year. Elite linebackers AND an elite defensive line? Hells yea.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Anyway, this morning, some movement on the defensive lines with two pretty mercurial guys:

Albert Haynesworth is the newest New England Patriot in exchange for a 5th round pick. Strange move considering the Patriots' 3-4

The Eagles have signed DE Jason Babin (this will be his second stint with the team)
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post

...everything was put on hold the last year so an entire off-season's worth of trades are being done in a week...
          This.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Anyway, this morning, some movement on the defensive lines with two pretty mercurial guys:

Albert Haynesworth is the newest New England Patriot in exchange for a 5th round pick. Strange move considering the Patriots' 3-4
            They can have him.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

They can have him.
              If Belichick works his magic yet again, the Patriots have gotten even more dangerous... all for the pittance of a 5th round pick in a draft where they have 11 (?) draft picks.

Comment

It's not even next year, it's a 2013 fifth.

Pats play half their downs with a four man line, so I don't see it as that odd. It'd be interesting to see a DL of Ty Warren, Wilfork, Brace, Haynesworth. Lot of beef there.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Anyone who thinks Haynesworth is done didn't watch him against the Bears last year. Yes the Bears Oline sucked, but his main opponnent in that game was Kruetz. While Kruetz isn't a probowler anymore, he is still a good lineman and he got destroyed by Haynesworth all game long.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

New England won't put up with his bull****. They'll cut him faster than the lost 5th round pick.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I think I will care around week 15 or 16 if the Bears are any good. Otherwise, I'm done. The millionaires and billionaires divided up their pie. I don't need to bake it for them.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nice to see you, Sava. Hope all is well.

What are you up to these days?
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Holy crap, what is going on? Is it just that everything was put on hold the last year so an entire off-season's worth of trades are being done in a week, or did something change in the CBA that prompted this flurry of moves?
                          Per Football Outsiders Under the Cap:
                          Now that the NFL and NFL Players Association have agreed on a collective bargaining agreement, we know that all 32 NFL teams will have to be under the $120.375 million salary cap by the start of the league year, which is scheduled to begin no later than Thursday, August 4, 2011.
                          Per ESPN:
                          The Dolphins finalized a trade for Bush on Thursday by negotiating a new two-year contract for nearly $10 million with him, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter Thursday.
                          Though I didn't see anything about an Orton deal being finalized.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

The Orton to Miami deal has not been finalized. Adam Schefter was reporting it but it's still in limbo.

The Eagles and Cardinals have agreed to a trade, however. Kevin Kolb for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a 2nd round pick, as everyone expected before the lockout ended.

The Eagles have made out like bandits. For Kolb, a player they don't need, they get a 2nd rounder and a former 16th overall pick at cornerback. Steal.

Comment

The Eagles have made out like bandits. For Kolb, a player they don't need, they get a 2nd rounder and a former 16th overall pick at cornerback. Steal.
                              Arizona just raped the Eagles. They got a starting QB for nothing.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Arizona just raped the Eagles. They got a starting QB for nothing.
                                What the hell are you talking about?

They gave up a 25-year old #1 CB who was a 16th overall pick in 2008 and a SECOND ROUND draft pick for an unproven QB.

The Eagles just raped the Cardinals.

Look at the blurbs from ESPN:

The price Arizona paid for Kevin Kolb is high, but if the Cardinals are right on Kolb, the price won't matter, writes Mike Sando.
                                The consensus first reaction seems to be that the Eagles fleeced the Cardinals in the Kolb deal.
                                The world disagrees with you, Ben. As usual. Time to step out of the Beniverse

Comment

Working...
                                X