Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How any team can be #1 in offense, #3 in defense and not make the playoffs - especially playing in a weak division - is beyond me. The explanation can't be as simple as "special teams," although they were indeed atrocious. (Good special teams, btw, are the classic measure of depth of talent.)

And now Chico Rivera is gone...

I think the Chargers will be fine this year, and should win the division. But like I said, there are a couple red flags that give me pause.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• They blew out bad teams and lost to good teams, basically. They have an offense that is capable of scoring a nearly unlimited number of points against a defense that is not any good; but against a solid defense they don't do as well. Their defense was usually pretty good, but had a few bad games, and the combination of the two meant no playoffs.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I think the Chargers will be fine this year, and should win the division. But like I said, there are a couple red flags that give me pause.
        The problem is Norv. Like Reid, both the Eagles and Chargers are hampered by poor coaching.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• 4 kicks returned for TDs, 4 punts blocked in 2010. Zowie.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The offense and defense numbers are inflated by bad special teams play, though. Every kick return for a TD they gave up meant one less drive to count against the defense and one more drive for the offense. Terrible field position meant their offense had more ground to cover while the defense had less ground to give up. They weren't really #1/#3 but the special teams put them in a position to be that high.

And Ming on the Vick train? This is why Ben's brain is broken. He thinks somehow if a Chicago Bears fan responds to Ben's inanity with facts about the Chargers not being the best team in football and the Eagles being better than terrible or whatever Ben thinks they are, that means, somehow, said Chicago Bears fan is on Vick's dick.

Everyone knows the Eagles had a red hot offense last year and, with their young players a year more experienced and the additions, their offense will probably improve. They've also dramatically improved their defense with Asomugha, DRC, Cullen Jenkins, and Jason Babin. The Eagles were a playoff team that got better. You don't have to support Vick to be able to acknowledge that obvious fact.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Considering that a Giants fan is on Vick's dick...
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I'm a fan of the game. I respect the superstars.

I hate outlandish homerism, best represented by your absurdity, in general.

I would be a lying homer if I didn't acknowledge that Vick is elite. He's better than Eli Manning right now. You can't deny facts, even if those facts are bad for your favorite team.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I'm a fan of the game.
                  Considering that a Philly resident is lovin' his Philly QB, is calling me out for homerism when I'm in Cowboy town is hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Considering that a Philly resident is lovin' his Philly QB, is calling me out for homerism when I'm in Cowboy town is hilarious.
                    There's your problem right there.

Comment

• Dude, just admit you're a slut like Imran and you want to know what it's like riding on a winner for once and be a Eagles fan. You'll be happier.

Comment

• What do you think? I'm like an Eagles fan on the DL or something? Trust me, if the Eagles sucked right now, I would be trashing them. I would relish trashing them. The problem is they haven't sucked in over 10 years. They've been, and continue to be, a top team, and they look even better now than they've ever been! I'm not a blind homer. I recognize talent even if it's a divisional rival.

Comment

Dude, just admit you're a slut like Imran and you want to know what it's like riding on a winner for once and be a Eagles fan. You'll be happier.

Winner? Eagles?

My Giants won the 2007 Super Bowl in glorious fashion against the perfect opponent. My Giants have won 3 Super Bowls.

The Eagles and Super Bowls?

Comment

• It's just not possible for the two of you to have a civilized discussion, is it.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm like an Eagles fan on the DL or something?
                              I know it's hard. You live in Philly. You want to remain true to your first love, Eli Manning, but you just get taken by that Vick fella and his badboy ways.

Trust me you'll be happier bailing out on Manning. Nothing wrong with going native.

Comment

I know it's hard. You live in Philly. You want to remain true to your first love, Eli Manning, but you just get taken by that Vick fella and his badboy ways.

Trust me you'll be happier bailing out on Manning. Nothing wrong with going native.

What the ****?

I was a Giants fan long before Eli Manning, sir. I was a Giants fan back when Phil Simms was the QB. I was a Giants fan during the 90's when there was no clear franchise QB and then when Kerry Collins came in and was the supposed savior but got destroyed in the Super Bowl and the Giants then sucked for a few years until Eli Manning. I'm not a fan of a team because of a specific player. That's retarded to me, Tomlinson-lover.

Comment

Working...
                                X