Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A shocking move considering all expectations were that he would stay in Oakland (Jason Campbell loves his TE's):

The Seahawks announced Tuesday afternoon they had reached agreement on a reported five-year deal with Pro Bowl tight end Zach Miller.

Miller agreed to a five-year, $34 million contract with $17 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
    John Carlson had such a promising start to his career. Looks like his days as a Seahawk are numbered.

Interestingly enough, while Zach Miller came into the league a full season before Carlson, Miller is actually 2 years younger!

And how much worse are the Raiders going to get sans Asomugha, Miller, Robert Gallery, etc.?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Hey Bears fans, DT Tommie Harris has signed with the Colts.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• yall bore me. Why no one wants to discuss football?

Comment

• Good riddance.

I'd talk more, but I have to go to work.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            yall bore me. Why no one wants to discuss football?
            Because baseball is better *runs*
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'm trying to bring things back to the boring ass Bears practically begging for conversation but no one bites. Go figure. I need to find other outlets to discuss football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Slow doesn't understand the joys of proving Ben wrong

And he doesn't understand being a fan of the game

The only one here more full of crap than you is Al.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  yall bore me. Why no one wants to discuss football?
                  Ooh, Alby, you're right.

Man, you are totally correct on that other thing you posted, too.

Plus, whatever you're thinking right now? If it's NFL-related, you nailed it.

You're like the god of NFL expertise, and I bow before your wisdom.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Imran only started rooting for baseball because the NBA and NFL were having labor disputes. He's a fair weather fan of the major sports leagues, consistent with his other slutty rooting behaviors.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Sport Sluts would be a great band name.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Ooh, Alby, you're right.

Man, you are totally correct on that other thing you posted, too.

Plus, whatever you're thinking right now? If it's NFL-related, you nailed it.

You're like the god of NFL expertise, and I bow before your wisdom.
                          I want to discuss things. All these big moves and no discussion? We could spend hours analyzing the Tebow vs. Orton situation in Denver alone.

Comment

• Orton = qualified incumbent with solid history and a couple weaknesses (red zone performance, injuries)
                            Tebow = too short, bad mechanics, but born with silver spoon in mouth

If Denver wants to win 8 or more games this year, they need to play Orton.
                            If they want to tank the season to build for the future via the draft, they should trade him.

Tebow was widely reported to be, at minimum, a 3-year project when he came into the league.
                            He has one under his belt. The math is not difficult.

Comment

• I was reading a report today about how Tebow hit 1 of 5 out passes during practice. Two went into the dirt and two went into the stands. The writer was disgusted that people would suggest that Tebow was ready to take the job from Orton. Said that his delivery was the same as it was in college, which means SUCKS.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Tebow is 6'3". How is that too short?

The thing with Tebow is that, as Brandon Lloyd pointed out, the WR's have much harder jobs with a scrambling QB. Lloyd discussed how with a drop-back passer like Orton, he always knows where the ball is coming from but with Tebow, it'll come from all over the place and from different angles.

However, Orton gets them 8 wins? Where were those 8 wins last year with Orton at the helm most of the season? Orton had 3 wins.

I actually think Tebow gives them as good a chance as Orton of improving upon that. Tebow can do immense damage on the ground and, even when he does not scramble, his presence forces defenses to keep men in containment or spies which means one less man in coverage or one less man blitzing.

Tebow went 41/82 for 654 yards 5TD 3INT and a QB rating of 82.1. Yes, 50% completion percentage is not good but he was a rookie. Technically, an 82.1 QB rating is impressive for a rookie, though Tebow only started 3 games.

Then you factor in his rushing... 43 carries for 227 yards and 6 TDs! In his 3 starts, 199 yards and 3 TDs.

You get 199 yards and 3 TDs in 3 starts out of a RB and you're happy!

Let Tebow complete only half his passes and it won't matter. The guy can win games by any means necessary.

If you let him, he can throw for 300 yards on you, as he did against Houston. If you're stingier against the pass, he'll rush for 100 and a TD on you. Orton can't do that. Tebow gives the Broncos more ways to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X