• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, he has gotten progressively worse the last three years

Year Team Pos G GS Pen PenYd
    2010 CHI C 16 16 8 60
    2009 CHI C 16 16 6 37
    2008 CHI C 16 16 4 20
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Vikings cut OT Bryant McKinnie and Lions concerned about their first round pick Nick Fairley who injured his foot and in a walking boot. They already have a few other injuries to deal with as well. Meanwhile, Bears re-sign TE Desmond Clark who did well in red zone situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
        Vikings cut OT Bryant McKinnie and Lions concerned about their first round pick Nick Fairley who injured his foot and in a walking boot. They already have a few other injuries to deal with as well. Meanwhile, Bears re-sign TE Desmond Clark who did well in red zone situations.
        They got rid of Greg Olsen to bring back Desmond Clark

Dude, the Bears off-season is a ****ing joke. Are they for real? Thank god I'm not a Bears fan.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• holy ****! Ronnie Brown is an Eagle, too!

Holy ****. The Eagles are turning into the Miami Heat of football.

And for you Chicagoans, do you see the vastly different approaches to free agency between the Bears, a team that went to the NFC Championship game last year, and the Eagles? It's like night and day. Only one of these two teams is making a real push for the Super Bowl here in the offseason while the other is content with what they have and just collecting up bums.

Ben, I'll take that bet now. The Eagles are making the playoffs. I don't see how it's possible at this point for them to not make the playoffs. Even if Vick dies on the field, with all this talent (Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Celek, McCoy, Brown on offense; Trent Cole/Jason Babin/Cullen Jenkins on the line, Asomugha/Rodgers-Cromartie/Samuel in the secondary), Vince Young will easily win games. The only debate at this point may be how few games the Eagles will lose. My Giants are going to get one win out of them but I'm having trouble seeing the Eagles losing more than 2 games.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Let's not get too overconfident now . Anything can happen.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Pro Bowlers go to the Eagles to be backups. This is getting beyond absurd.

They come out with Vick flanked by McCoy and Ronnie Brown, Brent Celek at TE and Jackson and Maclin spread wide... how the hell do you defense against that?

This is turning into the 2007 Patriots but with two star RB's instead of bum-ass Laurence Maroney... and if Brady could run.

Dude, they could come out in a big wildcat set with Vick, Vince Young, and Ronnie Brown in the backfield and what the **** could a defense ever do?! They could just run the option all day!
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 2, 2011, 19:01.

Comment

• Holy ****. The Eagles are turning into the Miami Heat of football.
                How'd that work out for them?

Ben, I'll take that bet now. The Eagles are making the playoffs. I
                It's on like donkey kong.

I win if the Eagles miss and the Cards make it.

You win if the Eagles make it and the Cards miss.

Anything else is a push.

Bet will be avatars throughout the NFL playoff.

Deal?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  How'd that work out for them?

It's on like donkey kong.

I win if the Eagles miss and the Cards make it.

You win if the Eagles make it and the Cards miss.

Anything else is a push.

Bet will be avatars throughout the NFL playoff.

Deal?

Yes.

I'm going to hold you to this bet, Ben.

Oh I can't wait

Comment

• The Eagles are signing beat up players that weren't wanted by their previous team. Besides you, who cares? Why do you care? You've always pounded your chest and declared yourself a Giants fan, slut-boy.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This is turning into the 2007 Patriots but with two star RB's instead of bum-ass Laurence Maroney... and if Brady could run.
                      And if Vick could throw.

Last edited by Ben Kenobi; August 2, 2011, 19:11.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                        The Eagles are signing beat up players that weren't wanted by their previous team. Besides you, who cares? Why do you care? You've always pounded your chest and declared yourself a Giants fan, slut-boy.

I can't recall a team in recent memory that, despite being a playoff team the year before, made so many big moves as the Eagles this offseason. On paper, the Eagles are loaded. Scary loaded. You can not deny that.

Comment

• I'm a fan of the game, Sloww.

And sloww, just so you know, I don't hate the Eagles. I put the Eagles in the same category as any of the other 29 teams I am not a fan of but that I don't have strong negative feelings towards.

The Cowgirls are in a whole different category, however.

Here you go, Sloww:

Comment

• Slow doesn't understand the joys of proving Ben wrong

And he doesn't understand being a fan of the game
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• You'd better get ready to put your Flutie Flakes on, Albert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                You'd better get ready to put your Flutie Flakes on, Albert.
                                We have several months

I don't have to provide the avatar until the Eagles clinch a berth and the Cardinals are eliminated, right? I know what I'm going to make you wear but I don't have the right pic yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X