Status Report: Al Franken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Report: Al Franken

I thought it was a joke that he was elected.

But everything I've read about the guy and what he's been doing in the senate seems extremely positive. He seems to actually be doing work...reading studies, etc.

Has he been a good senator? What idiotic things has he done?

I just finished watching this take-down, titled "It Doesn't"
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

BTW, that idiot he's talking to was recently named by the Republicans to their Presidential Debate committee.

Why was the committee created? The librul media spreading lies! Not like he does...amiright?
    On why the RNC made the committee:
    “they thought, why should we expose our candidates to the lefties in the mainstream media who will ask questions designed to put a wedge between each of the candidates and embarrass them, make them look a little bit less than presidential, given the bias of the media?”
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

He's certainly motivated. But he'll never sway conservatives without base emotional appeal.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Al Franken's a good comedian and a mediocre senator. He's above average for a Democrat in my opinion. You know, he barely won the election.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The hockey-riots are long gone. Asher should reinstate his proper avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Al Franken's a good comedian and a mediocre senator. He's above average for a Democrat in my opinion. You know, he barely won the election.
            Yeah... he barely beat the incumbent. That's not really a bad result. But good effort, congratulations on finally making a post that contains a verifiable fact to support your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
              The hockey-riots are long gone. Asher should reinstate his proper avatar.

Comment

I haven't followed him too closely, but everything I've noticed has been good.

Clearly we need more entertainers in politics. I heard Fraiser is considering a run for Senate.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Yeah... he barely beat the incumbent. That's not really a bad result. But good effort, congratulations on finally making a post that contains a verifiable fact to support your claims.
                  how does his narrow win support anything else he said?

Comment

He's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it ... people like him!

Comment

Also, he's not bad at drawing the US free hand:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        I thought it was a joke that he was elected.

But everything I've read about the guy and what he's been doing in the senate seems extremely positive. He seems to actually be doing work...reading studies, etc.

Has he been a good senator? What idiotic things has he done?

I just finished watching this take-down, titled "It Doesn't"

Even though he's 100% right and that dip**** is 100% wrong about the semantics, frankly I'd be surprised if the actual sample of "nuclear" families in that study wasn't entirely comprised of husband-wife pairings notwithstanding a broad definition that they'd assumed would be read in the traditional sense. Leave it to neither of them to bring up the actual sampling details, which any study worth a damn would have put right there in black and white. A truly effective senator would find any actual gays in the sample or at least follow up with a study that was actually directly on-point, of which there must be many by now. Then again, I say this on the basis of no knowledge whatsoever as I despise the social sciences and am not about to slog through that mire any further. Fortunately Franken's there to do it for me.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          What idiotic things has he done?
                          Just gaffes in the single digits IIRC, nothing serious. These are a few mild but amusing examples:

Unbelievable!

Comment

Wow, he accidentally said someone was from Utah when they were from New Mexico and then he corrected himself and apologized. How the heck did some editor decide that was news worthy? It must have been a very slow news day.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                              Even though he's 100% right and that dip**** is 100% wrong about the semantics, frankly I'd be surprised if the actual sample of "nuclear" families in that study wasn't entirely comprised of husband-wife pairings notwithstanding a broad definition that they'd assumed would be read in the traditional sense.
                              The author of the study appeared on MSNBC last night and confirmed Franken's understanding of the study. It only looked at having two parents, not their genders.

Comment

Working...
                              X