Space.com Forums Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space.com Forums Gone

(sob) with space.com's forums gone I must return to inflict myself upon this site once more.

If anyone remembers, I'm the one who sold all his gold and silver in November 2010 (after seeing gold advertised on the glenn beck show I figured that was a 'sell signal' although I obviously would have made more holding onto it until now I did manage to time the 'big move' despite protests from the 'smart people' buying gold and silver was the best speculation I've ever done) to buy a Chicken Farm in Cambodia.

After many adventures, we are switching to sweet potatoes and hops, (I was making more from the FEED than the ANIMALS) but the goal of living a 19th century plantation owners lifestyle is intact. For various reasons, sweet potato prices are on a bit of a tear and I hope to make lots of money from the 'current economic paradigm'.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

I didn't know 19th century plantation owners had internet.

Comment

How many bodies of executed dissidents have you unearthed on your land?

Comment

I wouldn't expect either hops or sweet potatoes to be huge sellers in Cambodia. You learn something new every day, I guess. Now tell us the truth, you originally want to Cambodia on some depraved ex-pat sex tour and just decided to stay. Didn't you?

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Tour? TOUR? This is my life we're talking about here!

Cambodia was blessed with the Imperialism of the French, which have left a horrible colonialist legacy of excellent beer and fresh baguette sellers in the morning.

So, in opposition to 90% of asia, the local Cambrew Corp, probably the largest company in Cambodia, actually appreciates and needs hops, which is not being locally grown enough because the peasants have this thing for growing food that they can, you know, EAT, instead of cash crops. I'm doing my part to offer them Magic Beans in return for their land. They can always drink beer.

EDIT: Funny you should ask about the dead bodies!! It's amazing what you get used to in Cambodia.

EDIT EDIT: I'm what 19th century plantation owners would be if they had the internet.
          Last edited by Seeker; July 25, 2011, 02:07. Reason: more info
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

How many slaves do you own?

Comment

Well, then if you can get the hops to grow in the tropics then it sounds like a good cash crop. I didn't know there were varieties of hops which grew in the tropics though it does sound like something Brazil's university system would come up with. They're probably the world leader in tropical agriculture; they've even come up with wine grapes which will grow in the tropics (something which has never worked in the past).
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do you have a toilet inside your mansion and running hot water Seeker?
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

Working...
                X