Making changes to userprofile on Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making changes to userprofile on Windows 7

I have downloaded all the mods and read through all the forums to try and make the changes to the userprofile.txt file work, but it still wouldnt work!

But...

I discovered that on Windows 7, the system makes a secret copy of the userprofile.txt file when you try to edit it, and uses that one when running the game.

So the userprofile.txt file in the normal activision folder will show your changes, but the game wont run it that way.

So what you have to do is simply open up computer and search for 'userprofile' it will eventually through up a userprofile.txt file that is in a pathway that has the words appdata/local/virtualstorage.

open that file, make the changes to the userprofile.txt (i.e. debugslic=no, nonrandomcivs=no, increasing the number of players) save it and then the game should run with those changes!!

So finally I get to play my epic game with loads of civs that are all random! hurray!

Anyone else have this problem on Windows 7?

Simplest way to avoid this and most other problems caused by thrice cursed UAC (User Account Controll)on Vista and Win7 is to install all games outside program files folder. Use c:\games or use different drive entirely (prefered if possible).
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Petrell's Domain Webmaster

Comment

Working...
    X