No announcement yet.

I think I'll go to the beach tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'll go to the beach tomorrow.

A buddy of mine has some jet skis plus the water in Mission Bay has been a warm 72.9 degrees and best of all his wife and my girlfriend actually get along and are friends. Now if I could only get my ladyfriend to stop sighing and making puppy dog eyes at me every time their kids do something cute.

So tomorrow it will be a bonfire followed by Q'ing up some surf & turf.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

So you pay the homeowner's association a bunch of money to give you a pool that kids poop in when you could just go to the beach...

Comment

I miss the beach sometimes. Last year was so cold it was like the year without a summer but now our nightly lows are higher then last years average highs for July plus the water is a good 10 degrees warmer.

Comment

I'm sure some kid pooped in mission bay too. Are you sure you want to go?

Comment

Sounds like a fun day. I bought a pair of seedoos last week and have been having a blast at the lake near our place. Hot temps and the lake goes for miles with a few other boats. He'll last week I had the joy of assisting 5 young ladies back to their houseboat. They were on floating chairs and had floated a good quarter mile away. There were another 5 or 6 girls on the boat but I think they were too drunk to drive it to get their friends. They were young and good-looking etc etc and looking at them I felt like a dad.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Just readying the seadoos for today. we are going to meet some friends who have 20 foot boats and go down to a beach they say is excellent just north of the border and spend the day there. Awesome day ahead. Bye
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              Now if I could only get my ladyfriend to stop sighing and making puppy dog eyes at me every time their kids do something cute.
              Tic Toc my man...

Time to sacrifice your mornings
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

My second Google+ update reads: "Time to go to the beach!" See you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                  My second Google+ update reads: "Time to go to the beach!" See you all.
                  It was awesome at the beach. We beached the seadoos and boats at a place just less than a km north of the US border where the sand was amazing. It was about 7 miles down the lake from our boat launch but we will certainly be back there a lot.

The only thing we have to watch is boating into the US. Apparently it's allowed but we are not supposed to go ashore or come within something like a hundred feet of other boats. I don't want any hassle with US authorities so it's easiest just to stay on the Canadian side.

Comment

Watersports

Went sailing today with a group of friends. The wind was fantastic on the Potomac, which is rare in July. I am told by a friend of mine from California that the wind is excellent in San Diego, do you ever go sailing Oerdin?
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

sailing?

I know what it is but it just struck me just how much of a little rich boy you are.
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The big question is: "How many bathrooms did HC's boat have"?

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          sailing?

I know what it is but it just struck me just how much of a little rich boy you are.

Not that I need to defend myself for this, but I rent small dinghies from the marina for $20 an hour and split it among five people. I pay $4 an hour to rent a boat. That's substantially cheaper than a movie.

I make $15/hour and spend $4/hour on weekends enjoying myself--I see nothing to be ashamed of.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I guess people from the ghetto are just afraid to get anywhere near the water so they wouldn't know.

Comment

It's been a while but I've rented a sail boat before. It's not that expensive.

Gribbler must be right. People from the ghetto just assume it's elitist even when it's something a kid from the burps could afford working part time.

Comment

Working...
                              X