Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Perhaps your most reasonable post ever!
    My last comment to them last week was basically Flash's post. And I ended it with 'just a suggestion to consider next year'.

I got:

you shouldn't type that much, it's too easy to ignore, win more next year, next year

Okay now I'm ****ing ticked off.

By the way, judging how Romo, MJD, and Miles Austin did, looks like I'll get high score of the week this week as well. Ridiculous if I get high score of the week two straight weeks in the playoffs while not in the playoffs.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• ....aaaaaand Drew Brees is about to knock me out of the playoffs in both leagues.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• That is an unlucky matchup. Doubly unlucky, I guess.

5 TD day, 400+ yds... that's over 70 points. Ouch.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Drew Brees did a good job in knocking me out of the auction leage but helped in the dst. **** donald brown though. I was up by 115 or so before that
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• **** eli manning
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• You ready for some more gibberish about why category scoring is better than traditional scoring?

You guys: "Of course we are, Donegeal, we wait on bated breath for your every keystroke... mispeled as it maybe."

Great. Playing to go to the Fantasy bowl. Key parts is I've got Brady and my opponent has Brees. I can see a great passing day coming from Brees from a long way off (not 414 yards and 5 TDs, mind you, but a great day none the less). Time to think strategy. If I don't think Brady can keep pace with Brees and probably loose the passing category 10-0, how do I win my game? By starting a QB that scores well in other categories... in this case, rushing. Guess who I started over Brady because I didn't think Brady was going to beat Brees? I bet you Al knows who. By starting Tebow over Brady, I still have a chance of winning tonight. If I'd have started Brady, my game would be all but done. Category scoring = Fantasy Football gametime strategy

It doesn't get any better.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• That system just highlights how stupid category scoring is. Selecting a deficient QB to win? CMON!

Comment

• tough loss Flash, fortunately for me SD was far enough ahead to run out the 4th qt

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                    You ready for some more gibberish about why category scoring is better than traditional scoring?

You guys: "Of course we are, Donegeal, we wait on bated breath for your every keystroke... mispeled as it maybe."

Great. Playing to go to the Fantasy bowl. Key parts is I've got Brady and my opponent has Brees. I can see a great passing day coming from Brees from a long way off (not 414 yards and 5 TDs, mind you, but a great day none the less). Time to think strategy. If I don't think Brady can keep pace with Brees and probably loose the passing category 10-0, how do I win my game? By starting a QB that scores well in other categories... in this case, rushing. Guess who I started over Brady because I didn't think Brady was going to beat Brees? I bet you Al knows who. By starting Tebow over Brady, I still have a chance of winning tonight. If I'd have started Brady, my game would be all but done. Category scoring = Fantasy Football gametime strategy

It doesn't get any better.

That is the stupidest **** ever. You act like that **** makes it real? Since when do you see a real NFL team start a different QB based on matchup; or let alone, a worse QB (yes, Brady is better than Tim Tebow, obviously).

Wow.

What's extra retarded is doing that put you at an advantage. Brady had more total yards than Tebow and scored 3 touchdowns (Brady threw 2 and ran in one whereas Tebow only ran in 2).
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• It feels more strategic to him. Like he has options as the coach/GM.

I have no problem with that. Not my cup of tea, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It feels more strategic to him. Like he has options as the coach/GM.

I have no problem with that. Not my cup of tea, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
                        But he acts like it's so superior and realistic.

Comment

• I recommend you don't play in his league then.

Who are we to judge how people get their jollies?

Comment

I recommend you don't play in his league then.

Who are we to judge how people get their jollies?
                            You're acting like Sloww, Jrabbit.

My point is it's one thing if it's just a case of some people like vanilla and some like chocolate but donegeal always blathers about how his way is superior and more realistic. He proselytizes his way of playing fantasy. Criticizing it is therefore fair game and is beyond the realm of vanilla vs. chocolate.

Comment

• I'm just kinda surprized that you guys wouldn't like a system that adds a level of strategy. This is, afterall, a strategy website. Although I readily admit that is has gone WAY off course!
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                                I'm just kinda surprized that you guys wouldn't like a system that adds a level of strategy. This is, afterall, a strategy website. Although I readily admit that is has gone WAY off course!
                                If strategy means playing Tebow over Brady not because you think Tebow will be more productive but because you want to take an L in a head-to-head passing category to get a boost in the rushing one... that strategy sounds retarded. And it's not realistic, either. Just because one QB throws for 400 yards doesn't mean that the other QB won't throw for 350 or that throwing for 350 would be a bad thing. I fail to understand the logic of these categories.

Really, if you want real fantasy strategy, buy Madden, make full-rostered fantasy teams, make gameplans (you can set which plays to get called in what situations), set the teams to CPU, and come back in an hour. It would be more like what you're trying to do but actually make some sense in trying to simulate real-life, even if it doesn't actually happen on a field.

Comment

Working...
                                X