No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, XBox. I don't play that frequently, so I just do All-Pro or All-Madden with the default settings. I'm pretty good at seeing the field, but I'm sure I could improve.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Moving into final weekend, the Apolyton leagues have one championship game that looks pretty much like you'd expect, one five seed that made it through the tournament, and a salary cap season that looks like the fight will be for second place.

IDP:

Guy advanced by putting up the high score for the week, which was good for him since I put up the second highest score going against him. In the other semifinal, Jaguar pulled a couple of blanks but they still probably wouldn't have been enough to overcome a 30 point deficit. The result is a 1-2 matchup between Calamitous Intent and A Dead Horse.

DST:

MRT put my post-Fred Jackson zombie team out of its misery, beating the top seed and making it though to the championship game. Berz pulled out a slim 3 point victory in the other bracket, setting up Purple Drank vs. Berz for the title.

Salary Cap:

My lead grew by another few points, but after that things get pretty competitive. There is a 90+ point gap between 1 and 2, but 2-5 are within 40 points of one another.

Code:
      1     Deviations               1,287.82
      2     Demoncaps                1,196.51
      3     Ice Hawks                1,178.29
      4     Vicious Rabbits          1,165.65
      5     Dallas Dwarf Tossers     1,160.08
      6     ajhebelteam              1,118.55
      7     Mingapulcos              1,113.96
      8     A Dead Horse             1,111.98
      9     RAH's Crappy pix         1,101.52
      10    berz                     1,099.76
      11    Four Racks               1,083.80
      12    U Jealous                1,055.68
      13    the youngest of them all 1,052.65
      14    RB's RBs                 1,040.35
      15    Da Boyz                  1,035.63
      16    Meh                      1,016.42
      17    Ramsey's team            939.24
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• thx 4 doin stats/stuff guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
          Yes, XBox. I don't play that frequently, so I just do All-Pro or All-Madden with the default settings. I'm pretty good at seeing the field, but I'm sure I could improve.
          Do you have XBOX Live?
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• congrats Zopper, another championship trophy

and unless Brees pulls off a miracle for the Drank, I'm gonna win in spite of -pts from Romo

Comment

• Thank you, thank you very much. It was interesting not having the Peytons, but I'm glad my players put up huge performances in Week 16!

Comment

• WTG, Zopper! Perhaps your most impressive championship yet. Condolences to Guynemer, whose team was consistently the class of the IDP -- until running into Zopper's scoring machine in Week 16.

Just goes to show: you can't beat A Dead Horse.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Congrats to Zopperoni! Impressive win, made all the more impressive by the fact that Manning (the 1st overall pick in the draft) went down before the season even started. Perhaps that should be a new rule.....the guy that gets #1 overall has to draft a guy potentially out for the season, it might add a new twist .....or not

Thanks for letting me in this year, I had a lot of fun, and even though I wasn't the most competitive team (as evidenced by my final standing) I don't think I was an automatic win on any given week either. I learned a lot for the next time I am in one of these, please let me know if you need someone else to fill out a spot next year!

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• we need someone to fill a spot next year

Comment

• Drew Brees did a good job in knocking me out of the auction leage but helped in the dst. **** donald brown though. I was up by 115 or so before that
                      Champion! Waited 6 goddamn months to post this!
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                        X