ColdWizard
    Berzerker
    Guynember
    Tuberski
    Koyaanisqatsi
    Zopperoni
    snoopy369
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'll ask over at ffz, cfc and speakeasy for people to play auction

and if someone who aint signed up really wants in the D league and that creates a problem I can sit out

Comment

As I said earlier, I'll go with which ever league has room for me, if either. If switching me to the other evens out the numbers, I'm more than happy to switch.

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

No rush. Several haven't checked in yet (offhand, Ben Kenobi and Spaced Cowboy; probably others).
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

In as Electric Slide Jedi.

Hey Berz you gotta be Topeka Twister! It's a tradition.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That makes it 10 so far for IDP.

That's fine; 12 would be fine as well. IMHO 14 is too many for IDP.

Comment

10 team = 8 5 1 6 10 2 7 4 9 3
                12 team = 4 2 3 5 6 9 10 12 11 8 7 1

Free online random number generator and checker for lotteries, prize draws, contests, gaming, divination and research
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm in for IDP.
                  Last edited by Jaguar; July 27, 2011, 01:55.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

DST league has been renewed!

ID# 209894
                    Password: dst
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

In for DST.
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Some ideas for changes to last year's formula. Managers, please comment. I've listed the ones I most think should be adopted first.

The Tough on Turnovers Act:

Interception penalty to -5. (Previous value: -3)
                        Fumble lost penalty to -5. (Previous value: -3)

I've inflated scoring in many ways, and it's simply too easy for a player to make up for a turnover. It was particularly galling to many when Peyton Manning put together 40/55 for 4 TDs, 4 INTs, 400 yard type games in losses, and blew other QBs out of the water. It's simply too easy for a good QB to recover from a pick-6 by immediately getting the ball back, completing a couple of passes, and totally negating the interception penalty.

This change will reduce the average QB score by 2-3 points per game. It will have little effect on the difference between good QBs and bad ones. (Good QBs actually throw as many interceptions as bad ones do, because they're asked to put the teams on their backs.)

The fumble lost penalty will hit fumbling players hard, but I would argue that they deserve it. I know it might be frustrating to see your RB's hard-earned yards count for nothing if he fumbles, but most RBs are very disciplined these days and don't lose many fumbles. The worst fumbler last year was Ahmad Bradshaw, losing 6. The change would lose him an average of .75 points per game. This change also affects QBs who tend to take lots of sacks and put the ball in danger, or ones that are bad at taking snaps. (Rex Grossman)

The Waiver Reinstitution Act:

This league has gotten huge. It has become impossible for some people to pick up players, because all of the good new pickups are acquired on sunday afternoon. I would like to reinstitute waivers, on a standard rolling list basis, to make the free agent pickups a little bit more equitable.

The Defensive Scoring Overhaul Act

This would investigate and use some of Yahoo's new features for defenses, perhaps make them a little bit more powerful, and maybe lower the return yardage bonus. (Bad defenses get a lot of kick returns.)

The Compilers Nerfing Act

This one is controversial. I'm not doing it unless a lot of people agree with it.

Some members believe that QBs are getting awarded too much for attempts. The truth is that they are awarded for attempts, even pretty mediocre ones. It's better to pass the ball 40 times than to pass it 30 times in our scoring, far more often than not. However, in the same vein, we reward a RB with 20 carries for 67 yards more than we reward one with 11 carries for 58.

At least for QBs and RBs, it would be relatively easy to change this. We can penalize attempts. (And couple it with more generous scoring for yardage, perhaps.) The question is whether we actually want to do it. I can elaborate more on this and come up with a specific recommendation, but understand that it changes the philosophy of fantasy football a *lot.* Fantasy football, classically, is very much about who gets the carries or the passing attempts - not who is the most efficient. We have the power to change that. Should we?

Comment

In DST.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Efficiency reform.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I'm in.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Jag: I'm with you on all of those.

My suggestion re: efficiency reform--completions are a positive, incompletions a negative. For rushing, make points per rush very small, but increase points per yard.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X