No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So AP, Arian Foster, then Chris Johnson as the first 3?

It never really gets compelling til after that 3rd pick, Jrabbit. The middle-man is a sexy spot.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I still have no idea what the rankings at Yahoo are based on. I suppose it's just another ranking. I kind of thought they could be sophisticated enough to run programs in the background that would produce a ranking based on the league's point structure. That's not the case.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I thought we could filter (rank) for our settings

the idp kinda sucks so the best way to deal with def is to use total pts from last year

Comment

• You can filter their rankings by position, but it's their rankings based off their opinion.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            I still have no idea what the rankings at Yahoo are based on. I suppose it's just another ranking. I kind of thought they could be sophisticated enough to run programs in the background that would produce a ranking based on the league's point structure. That's not the case.
            Dude, they totally do. How many times do we have to cover this?

When you go to the Players page, it opens up as "Projected." This list is AFAIK based on "standard" scoring and 2010 statistics, projected for 2011 performance. It is, in other words, Yahoo's universal ranking system.

But if you click on Actual, that listing is strictly based on 2010 statistics, filtered through our league's scoring system. Because it's just straight-up stats, it does not consider things like injury-shortened seasons. Thus, Jermichael Finley is the #2 TE under Projected, but is the 36th TE listed under Actual.

(Similarly, you should see differences between IDP and D/ST league lists.)

BTW, we use the Actual filter when assigning BAPAYS. (Thus, no rookie will ever be a BAPAY, as they have no 2010 stats.) I usually get to remind people about that at least once or twice per league, per year.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Berz correctly points out that, as usual, the Yahoo IDP player rankings make no sense whatsoever when using either the Actual or Projected filter. So for IDP BAPAYs, we just filter on the last column, Fantasy Points.

This will all be covered in more detail as the draft approaches and we open our own thread for it.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm looking at IDP. I see no place to click on "Actual". It doesn't matter. I've never seen it before and I don't think it would be my saving grace.
                IDP and DST are identical through what I've seen, the first round or two. So one makes as much sense as the other, for offensive players.
                I would think that if a team had more IDP highly ranked players, that would transcribe to a higher ranked DST ranking, but what do I know?

Comment

• actual is next to projected under rankings on the player page, just click players. Arian Foster is #1 for both actual and projected

and then you can further filter it by position, etc.

Comment

• here is the info to join the auction league

league id: 324472
                    password: 1moreturn
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• How much $$$ do we get for bidding?

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        How much $$$ do we get for bidding?
                        How much do you think is a good amount? 300?
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I dont know, but some of the stats look strange. Like -5 for int and .05 for something kinda important

can we go with 1/2 pt for receptions?

it dont make sense for a 10 yd run to get the same as a 0 yd catch
                          Last edited by Berzerker; August 4, 2011, 03:14.

Comment

• Man, JRabbit.

3 years I've played on Poly, and my draft order was 12,10,10. I've yet to pick higher than 10th. Ever.

Kenobi-Berz-Jag-Jag-Berz-Kenobi is just brutal...

Well that's 5 tries in a thousand to get similar results, being in the lower 6th of the draft three times in a row.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; August 4, 2011, 04:31.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• How much do you think is a good amount? 300?
                              One Million Dollars!
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Man, JRabbit.

3 years I've played on Poly, and my draft order was 12,10,10. I've yet to pick higher than 10th. Ever.

Kenobi-Berz-Jag-Jag-Berz-Kenobi is just brutal...

Well that's 5 tries in a thousand to get similar results, being in the lower 6th of the draft three times in a row.
                                Sorry, man, but that's how it fell again. At least you have experience in that position.

Comment

Working...
                                X