No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson Palmer was a first overall pick as well. Why would Eli have cost more than Palmer to draft in 2004?
    Because he was drafted by a larger market.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Al, stop talking to Ben. Ben stop talking to Al. You two are ****ing Oscar and Felix and nobody wants to hear it.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Because he was drafted by a larger market.
        What the ****?!

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Larger market, more demand. more demand, higher price. Simple as this.

Why do you think I stay away from Bears polayers here?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Larger market, more demand. more demand, higher price. Simple as this.

Why do you think I stay away from Bears polayers here?

Are you playing fantasy football with all New Yorkers or something? What the ****, Ben? Your brain is broken.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Are you playing fantasy football with all New Yorkers or something? What the ****, Ben? Your brain is broken.
              Starting TE for the Bengals. Have at it.

Comment

Starting TE for the Bengals. Have at it.
                Huh? Jermaine Gresham? Reggie Kelly before him? What are you trying to get at?

Last year's starting WR duo for the Bengals. Have at it.

(WAAAAAAAAAY more famous than Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith)

Comment

• Gresham went undrafted.

(WAAAAAAAAAY more famous than Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith)
                  Nicks was actually good valiue last year. An indication of the overall weakness of the Giants fans at accrate drafting.

Comment

Gresham went undrafted.
                    What the ****?

Jermaine Gresham was the 21st overall pick of the 2010 draft?! What the ****?!

Nicks was actually good valiue last year. An indication of the overall weakness of the Giants fans at accrate drafting.
                    What the **** are you talking about? You ****** between Nicks, Smith, and Mario Manningham, it was impossible to tell which of the three, if any, would emerge as a star WR. Smith had came off a 100+ catch season so he was the front-runner. Nicks was the youngest and most inexperienced of the bunch. I avoided the group in my fantasy drafts because of the obvious uncertainty.

The point was that Carson Palmer and Eli Manning have had the same output over the past 7 years. You somehow claim that Eli Manning would have been more expensive to draft in a keeper league in 2004. Your assertion is that his value was inflated because he plays for a bigger market with a bigger fanbase but that's not relevant unless you're drafting in a league with a bunch of New Yorkers and/or Giants fans. If you're in a league filled with Bengals fans, Palmer would have been more expensive. But the point is, that unless there is strong representation from either fanbase, there's no reason to expect either QB to be more expensive before they set foot on an NFL field than each other, let alone your assertion that Eli would have been significantly more expensive than Palmer.

Eli Manning would NOT have been more expensive than Carson Palmer in a typical keeper league draft in 2004.

Comment

• Jermaine Gresham was the 21st overall pick of the 2010 draft?! What the ****?!
                      He's repalcement level for TEs at least on Poly, which I think demonstrates bias.

What the **** are you talking about? You ****** between Nicks, Smith, and Mario Manningham, it was impossible to tell which of the three, if any, would emerge as a star
                      It would be like someone picking a Charger player that did better then my choice of Charger for less of a pick. A couple people tried this year, JRabbit, etc. Indicative that more people are puttting more of a value on Chargers players. Giant fans picking the wrong Giant tells me that there's possibilities to actually pick a Giant and get value.

The point was that Carson Palmer and Eli Manning have had the same output over the past 7 years. You somehow claim that Eli Manning would have been more expensive to draft in a keeper league in 2004.
                      Yes, there was more hype around him. He was expected to do better.

Your assertion is that his value was inflated because he plays for a bigger market with a bigger fanbase but that's not relevant unless you're drafting in a league with a bunch of New Yorkers and/or Giants fans.
                      It's relevant for pretty much any league because people in gneral pick the players that they are more familiar. If more people watch Giants games than say JVille, then it becomes a bias that you need to take into account.

If you're in a league filled with Bengals fans, Palmer would have been more expensive. But the point is, that unless there is strong representation from either fanbase, there's no reason to expect either QB to be more expensive before they set foot on an NFL field than each other, let alone your assertion that Eli would have been significantly more expensive than Palmer.
                      There was also no reason for Tomlinson to wait until the 8th round last year, but that's where he went. Shonn Greene went in the 2nd round based on nothing but pre-season speculation. Less information means more bias.

Comment

• TAKE IT TO PMs! FOR ****S SAKE!
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I support all of the changes. I know that sometimes RB are given the ball to run to the clock at the end of the game, but if you look at if they get one yard on the run than the attempt penalty is wiped out. And the benefits of rewarding efficiency outweigh any negative effects.
                          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• IDP League now has 11 signed up. One more and we'll close it.

snoopy369 - Forte's Firemen
                            Zopperoni - A Dead Horse
                            Ben Kenobi - Electric Slide Jedi
                            Jaguar - Mountain Goats
                            Guynemer - Calamitous Intent
                            Tuberski - Hairball Express
                            SlowwHand - Dallas Dwarf Tossers
                            ColdWizard - Random Encounter
                            Koyaanisqatsi - Deviations
                            Berzerker - berz
                            -Jrabbit - Vicious Rabbits
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• D/ST has 13 signed up. One more and we'll close.

Al B. Sure - FavreDollarFootlongs
                              snoopy369 - Chester's Tailors
                              flash9286 - The Flashtastics
                              Jaguar - Mountain Goats
                              Spaced Cowboy - Spazz Monkeys
                              Jonny - Savage Hammers
                              Guynemer - Calamitous Intent
                              OzzyKP - Youth Rights Knights
                              MRT144 - Purple Drank
                              joncha - Quarterback AllStars
                              Berzerker - Berz
                              Koyaanisqatsi - Deviations
                              Slowwhand - Dallas Dwarf Tossers

Defensive Changes:
                              Very conservative overall, because Yahoo! didn't actually track the stats last year, so I don't have a good idea of how the new stat categories will affect us.

You now get points for yardage allowed. An average team, allowing 336 yards, will get 0 points for that. -2 if they're over 400, -4 if they're over 500. +2 if they're under 300, +4 if they're under 200, +7 if they're under 100, and +10 if they allow negative yardage. Realistically, most fantasy defenses will probably average +2 points per fantasy game from this. (Most defenses people actually use in fantasy tend to allow closer to 270 yards per game.)

Scoring for each turnover forced has increased to +2.5, to match the higher penalties on offense. Lastly, +0.5 for a 3-and-out or a tackle for a loss, and +1 for a 4th down stop.

Last year the difference between a top defense (PIT or GB) and a bad starting team defense (KC) was about 71 points. I'd expect that to increase, but probably not much over 100.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

He's repalcement level for TEs at least on Poly, which I think demonstrates bias.

It would be like someone picking a Charger player that did better then my choice of Charger for less of a pick. A couple people tried this year, JRabbit, etc. Indicative that more people are puttting more of a value on Chargers players. Giant fans picking the wrong Giant tells me that there's possibilities to actually pick a Giant and get value.

Yes, there was more hype around him. He was expected to do better.

It's relevant for pretty much any league because people in gneral pick the players that they are more familiar. If more people watch Giants games than say JVille, then it becomes a bias that you need to take into account.

There was also no reason for Tomlinson to wait until the 8th round last year, but that's where he went. Shonn Greene went in the 2nd round based on nothing but pre-season speculation. Less information means more bias.

I see words. Words organized into what appear to be sentences. But none of these sentences make any sense or are relevant.

Cucumbers swam into the arena, screamed at the dog, and purchased tables. Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible people have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X