New computer and CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer and CTP2

It's time to retire my 10+ year-old computer. I'm getting a new computer, whose primary focus is NOT playing new games, but I do still play and may try some titles from the past 4 years (EU3/EU Rome, Medieval Total War II, Stronghold II...maybe even civ5)

OK, so what kind of hoops am I going to have to go through to get CTP2 to work on a computer with an Intel 3.2 Ghz Dual Core i3550 processor, 6 GB RAM and Windows 7?

(asking in advance...) I know I should be able to get it to work with the Source Code, but I want a non-source code Cradle setup too.

I actually may keep the old computer up and running, but would prefer gaming on the new one.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Well, I got everything to work with little problem. Based on some of the stories I had head, I had expected worse. In fact, I was able to get some old games to work that I hadn't been able to on my old system.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Good to hear from you hex. By the way could you upload your Lord of the Ring scenario to the Apolyton database? I would already have done so, but I cannot download it from that other website.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Every time I try to upload, I get a ''too large to upload'' message. File is 210 MB

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
          Every time I try to upload, I get a ''too large to upload'' message. File is 210 MB
          What file format do you use? Use the rar archive that can squeeze the data better and so it uses less space on the server. To encourage the use of rar the upload limit is much larger for that (250 MB).

-Martin

Comment

It's done, let me know if the download is good...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
              It's done, let me know if the download is good...
              So far looks good. You could also post a thread in the CTP2 creation forum and link the thread to the download entry and link the download entry to the thread.

-Martin

Comment

I have virtual pc running fine.. but no GPU support
                Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Working...
                X