Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem city expansion pack

Hello,

I am new on this forum, but I saw people are very helpful.
    I recently instal ctp2. As I have an eeepc, I can't have a CD. So I have the no cd version.
    It works properly so far.
    Then I saw very good mods on this website (congratulation guys!).
    The first one I would like is the city expansion pack, looks great.
    So I followed the instructions: download Patch 1.1, the apolyton pack and the modswapper.
    First: how do I know that the apolyton pack is working? how many civilizations should I find now?

Then, if everything supposed to work, I downloaded the city expansion pack.
    Launch the game, and no cities improvment!!!!

They have like 13 people living, and still one square, no more.

Help please!!

Originally posted by florent View Post
    The first one I would like is the city expansion pack, looks great.
    So I followed the instructions: download Patch 1.1, the apolyton pack and the modswapper.
    First: how do I know that the apolyton pack is working? how many civilizations should I find now?
    If I remember correctly, you can chose from a list of 42 civilizations or that was in the standard game and in ApolytonPack that are 45 civilizations.

Then, if everything supposed to work, I downloaded the city expansion pack.
    Launch the game, and no cities improvment!!!!

They have like 13 people living, and still one square, no more.
    Did you start a new game after installing the mods?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes I did.
      Tonight I ll check if I am offered 45 civilizations.
      According to you, having a no cd version has nothing to do with the fact the city expansion mod is not working?
      Then, I downloaded yesterdar the AOM pack. It seems to work, as new graphs are presents. But does it offer new buildings and units?
      Then it seems that the city expension pack is working under AOM..... I am lost lol

Comment

According to you, having a no cd version has nothing to do with the fact the city expansion mod is not working?
        Well, there are some things you don't have to tell us. If you did not download your no CD version from Good Old Games than it is illegal. But anyway, let's assume your version is legal.

To use the city expansion mod for ApolytonPack you have to select in ModSwapper the according option. But that should be obvious.

Then, I downloaded yesterdar the AOM pack. It seems to work, as new graphs are presents. But does it offer new buildings and units?
        Then it seems that the city expension pack is working under AOM..... I am lost lol
        AOM comes with a lot of new buildings, units, techs, etc. I don't remember whether it contains the city expansion set. I guess you have to play it.

-Martin

Comment

old gold game

Hey,

I would like the old gold game version. I don't mind paying for it if I know everything is gonne work.
          Could you explain me how does it work? As I have a netbook, can I download the game from this website and play it without cd???

Regards,

Comment

Hey,

I would like the old gold game version. I don't mind paying for it if I know everything is gonne work.
            Could you explain me how does it work? As I have a netbook, can I download the game from this website and play it without cd???

Regards,
            The legal download version can be downloaded from Good Old Games.

The game comes as no-CD version and without any other checks. It is costumer trust based. But weather the mods work or do not work is not a matter of the GOG version.

- Martin

Comment

Working...
            X