Star Wars: The Old Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: The Old Republic

This game looks like it will be great but I confess to having a soft spot for all things Star Wars related. What do you folks think?

BTW you can watch the trailer here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...-Games-of-E3.7
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I think I'm going to be playing the hell out of it when it comes out.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

It looks good but as with all MMOs give it at least a month after release before jumping in. With the arguable exception of Rift now, no new MMOs over the last few years have met initial promise.

Comment

Won't play it if it has monthly fees. I'll never be able to invest the time to make it worthwhile.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Maybe someone will set up free servers. What little I've played of WoW (outside the trial) was on a free server.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Free servers for subscription based MMOs are pointless and in some cases dangerous. If people don't have time to justify a monthly fee (though personally I don't look for a lot of hours entertainment for £9, which is a cinema ticket or two drinks these days!) but want to play an online RPG then they are better off playing a game with a F2P model, like LotRO or DDO. Or Guild Wars, which is showing its age now but still full of super awesome.

Comment

I am very much looking forward to Guild Wars 2.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                  Free servers for subscription based MMOs are pointless and in some cases dangerous.
                  Why?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Because they are usually cracked versions of the game where you don't get new content (or get it with significant delays), the characters you have spent hours on might disappear overnight when the server does, and you're opening yourself up to viruses etc.

Comment

My biggest problem with MMOs are all the other douchebags playing the game.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                        Because they are usually cracked versions of the game where you don't get new content (or get it with significant delays), the characters you have spent hours on might disappear overnight when the server does, and you're opening yourself up to viruses etc.
                        Fine by me.

Comment

It's supposed to be released in December, they've started a supposedly massive beta testing phase which will last for two to three months, and they've released dozens of videos showing game play.

Comment

:yawn:
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

What does it take to get you excited?

Comment

Working...
                              X