Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ2-Strategy autochthons, what are you doing nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2-Strategy autochthons, what are you doing nowadays?

For years I didn't hear about many people that were active here in the golden age of Civ2-Strategy. Although some people are still active on Civfanatics, most people completely dissapeared.

What are you doing, where did you move to, what are you playing?
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

My gaming spirit moved to this location.

BTW I found some Civ2 oldschoolers on facebook

Comment

Some months ago, the Scenario League moved over to CFC, which was pretty much the only Civ2 activity there was here.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Hey, Slow! I've almost given up Civ in order to make my real life work. Sigh. Nowadays I play a board game called Railroad Tycoon, which takes only about three hours and allows me time to see my family, go to work, eat, shower, sleep, etc., and also involves human interaction during the game. I recomend it. Plenty of opportunity for extremely complex and detailed thinking; I think you'd like it.

I hope you're well!

Comment

debeest, nice to hear about you
          And I noticed you remembered details about luxuries ... I don't remember them ...

What do you say to the boardgame Civilization? Did you try it too?

Comment

Hey Fellows

Never played the Civ boardgame but long, long ago, I played Rail Baron. If Railroad Tycoon is at all like that, then I highly recommend it. The attraction is almost elemental...buying up small railroads, building a network, delivering freight; it's very captivating.

Monk
            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

It's nice to see you both still here.

Yes, I've actually had the board game Civ since the mid-1980s, but I probably haven't played it since then. There was one thing in particular that I especially liked about it: in any combat, each side always lost the same number of units. No such thing as a war where you overpower your opponent and suffer little or no loss yourself. And of course, it did present an interesting extremely simple version of our favorite game. Control land, build cities, trade goods, learn, advance.

Comment

I'm living in the North SF Bay Area, 1 cute daughter, no time =)
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Hi guys,
                  Been retired now for 7 years, become an old age pensioner (65) in September and have been something of a World of Warcraft hermit for most of that time -- finally the wife dug me out of my study and made me return to 'real life'. So I now have Civ:Rev on my iPhone and Civ4 on my lappy and (occasionally) interact with the 'real' universe.
                  Still miss the glory days of Civ2 (and of course my partner in crime, Ivor), but one cannot and probably should not try to turn back time...

Finding Civ4 'interesting', but still struggling to master Noble - I seem to have cracked the Cultural Victory - but the required mechanics for the other victory conditions are currently escaping me - and there are several difficulty levels still to go ....

Can you guys help me out? My Civ4 is pretty basic - NO CARTHAGINIANS - what is the best/Apolyton standard variant? And which are the 'must read' strategy threads for 4?

Cheers, Stu
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Great to hear from you! Are you still on a boat in the Balearics?

I got Civ4 back in '07 but it wouldn't run on the computer I had, and it wasn't worth upgrading my computer just for Civ4. I could put it on my lappy but I don't know where it is. Can't be much help for you on that line.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Neither I will help, I never played any Civ above Civ II.
                      I simply decided to wait until players will return to Civ II, this forum will have to be split to Strategy/General/Multiplayer etc., and we will continue from the point where we interrupted our Civ II activities.
                      Straybow, of course our Seeds of Greatness PBEM will be finished

Comment

Hey Stray!
                        Good to see another old-timer - not ignoring you Slow, but already knew you were still around!
                        The reviews all seem unanimous that Civ5 isn't worth the hard drive space. So what should I be Civing? Are you seriously saying I should still be on Civ2?

Comment

Oh, Stray, the boat Petrina is now living on the Mar Menor in the bottom rhs of Spain and yes at this very moment I am sitting on a balcony overlooking the 'Real Club de Regatas de Santiago de la Ribera' where we are members. Sadly this is only a vacation - back to sunny Liverpool on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits View Post
                            So what should I be Civing?
                            Maybe FreeCiv?
                            But I am indeed too lazy to download it / to check their website ... or to buy Civ 3, 4, 5, 6 ...
                            So I sit here and wait until all people return, and zone.com will support Civ II multiplayer games again ...

Comment

double post

Comment

Working...
                              X