• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 2011

MS press conference.

I'm at work, but some highlights from the MS conference so far:

1) Halo (1) remake in HD
    2) New TV service for Xbox 360
    3) Kinect "second gen" games look surprisingly awesome. Also announced Star Wars Kinect (SW Kid is happy).
    4) Kinect gets finger tracking support
    5) New Xbox Live UI for Kinect
    6) Mass Effect 3 to support Kinect (mostly for voice recognition, so you speak dialog options)
    7) Minecraft coming exclusively to the 360, with Kinect support
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

And Halo 4
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Only Ghost Recon looked good for kinect (ME don`t count, its just voice)

ok, maybe that Ryse game. Minecraft on console is interseting, but I haven`t even play it on pc yet.

Now for EA, then Nintendo.
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I haven't seen anything or read about anything yet but I'm suspicious about this use of Kinect. I always feel like game developers are stretched thin as is with regards to making complete products and I worry about time and resources being devoted to some stupid gimmick that the majority of gamers will not even use.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Alby, have you seen the Kinect sales numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            Alby, have you seen the Kinect sales numbers?
            Gamers, Asher. Gamers.

And again, I'd rather not have development resources devoted to some stupid gimmick. I want better stories and innovative gameplay!

Ghost Recon Future Soldier was already looked hackneyed. The fact that they're doing some Kinect business with it makes me expect the worst.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I want to marry Mass Effect and have its babies.

If #3 lets me down next year, woe betide Bioware. I don't want a DA2 situation.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yeah but speaking freaking lines for the dialogue

Some graphically impressive trailers I saw:

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 6, 2011, 22:25.

Comment

This Assassin's Creed trailer looked good too but it was CGI so doesn't mean anything

Comment

I am shocked that a potential Marine wannabe only likes violent games and football.

Comment

I am shocked that a potential Marine wannabe only likes violent games and football.

A video game without violence?

Comment

Do you play anything other than military shooters, football games, or assassin type games?

Comment

Do you play anything other than military shooters, football games, or assassin type games?
                          You know, I figured you would say something dumb about not all games having violent content. That's true but the majority of games, particularly those that ACTUAL GAMERS play, have some sort of violence whether Civilization or Lego Indiana Jones.

What the **** games do you play where you have the right to look down on me?

And how can you even make a statement like that? I post some trailers that impressed me. What does that mean? Does that mean I'll be playing these games? Does that mean these are the only games I'd be interested in? No. They're trailers I thought were impressive in some way.

Comment

Violence in Civilization is cartoonish so it doesn't count. You don't see any blood, for one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              Violence in Civilization is cartoonish so it doesn't count. You don't see any blood, for one thing.
                              So I guess Battlefield 1943 isn't a violent game since there's no blood. Same with Call of Duty 3. Oh and you can set Gears of War and all the Call of Duties after 3 to not have blood at the options menu. Guess Gears and the COD series are not violent games either.

Comment

Working...
                              X