PBS: Tupac Alive in New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBS: Tupac Alive in New Zealand

Drake, you might need to change your location to New Zealand.

Of course, it was hackers.

A hacker group angry at a PBS documentary about WikiLeaks hit back at the broadcaster by posting a fake story on its website claiming rapper Tupac Shakur was "alive and well" in New Zealand.
    The story on PBS' NewsHour site said that the famous rapper, who was shot and killed in Las Vegas in 1996, had actually been found living in a small New Zealand town, along with fellow murdered rapper Biggie Smalls, Forbes reported Monday.
    PBS pulled down the story but it was archived by Google News and spread quickly through Facebook and Twitter.
    "Again, our site has been hacked -- please stay with us as we work on it," read one of the NewsHour's several tweets responding to the incident.
    Hacking group LulzSec claimed responsibility for the cheeky sting in retaliation for a PBS report critical of WikiLeaks and suspected leaker Bradley Manning aired May 24.
    The hackers also posted a list of user names and passwords for PBS staff.
    "We just finished watching WikiSecrets and were less than impressed. We decided to sail our Lulz Boat over to the PBS servers for further... perusing. Anyway, say hello to the insides of the PBS servers, folks," an internet post from LulzSec said.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I was down in NZ recently to lay down some tracks with Katchafire, but I could never live there. Beautiful country, but far too provincial.

Comment

yes i can imagine tupac hiding out in new zealand. he'd just blend in...
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

black sheep
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
          X