Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    David Floyd

also @ kittenofchaos

You dolt, he haunts every thread of mine and complains about how I take advantage of my opportunities. I don't think you're quite familiar with the degree to which Alby tries to justify his own failures from my successes. I can guarantee you I'm doing worthier stuff than a wannabe Marine turned welfare recipient.
    kitten's comment is not wrong nor is it unique. This complaint has been levied against you in the past.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Indeed. What has HC done of worth exactely ?
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        The amount of money you make is a measure of the value you provide to other people.
        Drug lords and gunrunners.
        Charity workers and housewives.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          He said "value," not warm fuzzy feelings.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
            Any measure of 'value' that posits drug dealers have more worth than charity workers is broken.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• OTOH, drug dealers are probably more valuable than marines.

Comment

• I wouldn't agree with that. Having an army--including Marines--is quite valuable. Even if we're currently using them for something useless they are important to have.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; June 2, 2011, 02:23.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                    Giving people what they want (and are therefore willing to pay for):
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                      I don't disagree the comment. Drug lords and gunrunners do provide more value to their clients than a housewife, charity worker, (un)paid intern, or slave.

Comment

I wouldn't agree with that. Having an army--including Marines--is quite valuable. Even if we're currently using them for something useless they are important to have.
                        That's like saying "if we didn't have farmers we'd starve". It doesn't say anything about the value of an individual farmer.

Comment

• This is heading towards mild paternalism, but I think there are definitely some drugs worth keeping illegal, KH, even if people want them.

Comment

• Making a drug illegal will only make drug lords more valuable.

Comment

I wouldn't agree with that. Having an army--including Marines--is quite valuable. Even if we're currently using them for something useless they are important to have.
                              Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              This is heading towards mild paternalism, but I think there are definitely some drugs worth keeping illegal, KH, even if people want them.
                              I've always noticed in your posts a sliver of doubt about the ethical system and world-view posited by KH, you brother, and others.

I know I may not be the best representative but I know I'm right on this stuff and they're wrong. Don't turn to their dark side.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I don't need your encouragement to validate my opinions, Alby.

Comment

Working...
                                X