Map Generation: HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Generation: HELP!

Does anybody know where I can find something on how to make a map script? Perferrably (But doesn't have to be) a lesson on things that can make an Earth-Like Continent. Thanks.

Did you look on CivFanatics?

Comment

Yes. Besides, the CivFanatics hate me!

Comment

There was a guide by Sirian but mostly on how to tweak maps.
        Did you manage to do something or get started?
        An Earth-like continent doesn't mean much since Earth is not a continent. If you mean a continent that would look like a continent of Earth, then you'd have to provide details.
        My tectonics map script is aimed to do something like that (mostly mountains mostly near the coasts unless 2 land tectonic plates collide). PerfectWorld also creates good looking continents, with great elevation maps.
        Most of the work must be done in a generatePlotTypes method.
        The algorithm you pick to create the landmasses is yours to choice. The default algorithms are fractal, which I think are bad and slow. I use Voronoi diagrams to seed tectonic plates and then change the altitude by ramming them into each other. Perfectworld used elevation differences rather than straight heightmap to determine terrain type...
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I have a small knowledge about this script MapScript module is a PHP dynamically loadable module that makes MapServer's MapScript functions and classes available in a PHP environment. More info please visit: paintyourlife.com

Comment

There's a iColonyMaintenancePercent setting in both CIV4HandicapInfo.xml and CIV4WorldInfo.xml (in Assets/XML/GameInfo). If you set either to zero you get no colony maintenance.

We are on a mission to fulfill the Great Commission–providing a Christ-centered, biblically-based education in the Wesleyan tradition.
            Last edited by hortncizigr; February 21, 2015, 07:54.

Comment

Working...
            X