No announcement yet.

2010 Playtest Install and Instructions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Playtest Install and Instructions?

Hi, (aka KillCarneyKlansman)
    I've been a member here for years, and have in the past played CTP2 vanilla edition mostly, with some mods & maps. I understand that the CTP2 Test now can be played using a NoCD EXE. This always gave me problems with the Playtests and I considered makin my own NoCD crack for some of them but never got around to it. Anyways, I've lost the 2nd CTP2 disk but have all the files, and can install it successfully. I've made a portable version for it for easier install. Ok here's my questions ->

Is the GOG NoCD crack included in the Playtest?

If not where can I download it? Shouldn't this be free?

I receive a missing mss32.dll ERROR when I run the game like Vanilla, and after I add it to the ctp_program folder I receive and re-run it I receive a can't read appstr.txt ERROR. When I add it also, the program fails to start. (I know its not suppose to run this way) Any thoughts?

Can I use ModMan instead of Modswapper? The latest version of XPSP3 seems to have problems with this, my guess is some VB file descrepancies. (Cannot open gamefile.txt) The Playtest doesn't show up in the Mod list for ModMan.

Do I have to fresh install CTP2?

Are there any step by step instructions for installing Playtest to CTP2 ? (I know its just RAR'ed)

Any responses are welcome, Thank-You.
    Last edited by Doppleganger; April 22, 2011, 20:06.

CTP2 Apolyton Edition does not need the CD in the drive anymore, but what you still need are all the files from the CD, whether they actually come from the CD or from the GOG install doesn't matter.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Just RAR'ed Playtest after a clean install, it experienced some indeo vb6 like crash. After a couple of tries at it, it rectified itself. Probably shoulda used compartibility Mod for 98? Old Indeo partly installs, but I think its running off one of the codec's in Klite, XPCP or Cole2K. Modman says imbedded install now instead of 2 different, plus Original. Anyways, Thanks for finally putting this together. Your work is much appreciated! Well Done!

Comment

The indeo drivers, I installed on my Windows 7 64 bit K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 5.8.3. Since I don't have installed the codecs that came with the game it runs that without any problems.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X