No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like that better. It would be a great scene.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Half just because Guy's such a fan - this alleges to be making herself up as Daenerys...

AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        I never uderstood the face-changing thing of the Faceless Men and Arya. During earlier seasons I thought they're basically shapeshifters.

Then, after watching the later "house of black and white" stuff, I thought they basically recycle skin/faces from the death, possibly with some magic involved, as for example the Jaqen (-sp?) guy was able to change face several times in a row. Now Arya can change too, but isn't even part of the "Faceless" anymore? Or is she?

Is anyone a "faceless" who can change like this, or only those who officially belong to that house of B/W? Arya seems to be some kind of independant now. When she killed that old Frey chap, did she have to kill the other girl before to take her face, or can she now just change here appearance freely?
        IIRC from the book, there are 2 levels of face-changing.
        The first one, that Arya gets pretty quickly is some kind of mask/prosthetic/makeup version. As stated above, the house of black and white has some database.
        Anyone with proper level of B&W authorization can get a new face, no training is needed, it's effortless to maintain. You need access to the alternate face and someone (or yourself) performing some kind of lesser magic to glue that face on you. Unlike the show, you need the same magic to remove it, you cannot pull it off just like that.

Then, there is the master level version of it. It involves a full control of every muscle of your face & body. You need to be trained, you need to be good. It is exhausting. If you're new at it, you'll be able to maintain your face a few seconds, no more. With time and practice, you'll need less and less effort to keep it up. And when you'll master it, you'll be able to create any face you want.

In the show, I think they mix up a little bit of the 2 versions. You need a face, no magic involved and free removal of that mask/prosthetic/makeup.
        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Anyway, if the Wall does fall tonight, I'm totally starting a "Brandon, when the Wall fell" meme.
          A Star Trek fan, eh? I guess they are saving that part for next season.
          Last edited by Dinner; July 21, 2016, 05:33.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
            Half just because Guy's such a fan - this alleges to be making herself up as Daenerys...

It is not exact but it is a reasonably good imitation. Good for her.

Comment

• And next year's season will start late since they want to wait for more wintry conditions before they start shooting.
              YES, WINTER IS FINALLY HERE.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Anyway, if the Wall does fall tonight, I'm totally starting a "Brandon, when the Wall fell" meme.
                Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Jaime and Cersei at Westeros.
                Cersei, her arms wide.
                Jaime, his pants unfurled....

Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                  And next year's season will start late since they want to wait for more wintry conditions before they start shooting.
                  YES, WINTER IS FINALLY HERE.
                  Could they not film in the Southern Hemisphere early?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• GRRM says Winds of Winter will have three major character deaths. Will it be Jojen Reed, Ser Barristan Selmy, Hodor, and Waldor Fray dying like in the tv show or will it be other characters?

Comment

• In an unrelated note I think HBO should relaunch Rome when they're done with GoT.
                      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                        My private little explanation is that she wanted Frey to know who killed him, but did not want to reveal herself to everyone else she met in the process of getting to and into the Twins, killing Frey, escaping etc. It's not supported by anything I saw in the show, but works for me
                        Also everyone there that day has seen and noticed the servant girl. Noone has seen Arya - so no one will be looking for her.
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Game of Thrones music tour announced

I guess next is GoT, the musical.
                          Blah

Comment

• I would watch it.

Comment

• Is it going to be "R" rated?
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• "Oh, Calcutta" and "Let My People Come" were/are 2 R rated musicals, so it has precedents.
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X