• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post

Breaking Bad is back.

All is right in the TV universe.

QFT
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• It's great Drama and Adventure TV shows.I really love to watch this show.
      lena headay is my favorite chracter in this show.Headey stars as Queen Gorgo,
      a heroic Spartan woman in the period film 300

Comment

• A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

This is an amazing series on TV. I am very exited for Season 3 of it. I have seen the promos through Otavo.tv/ and I think that Season 3 will be air in winter.

Comment

• Mance Rayder has been cast, and lo, it was good

Now we just need James Purefoy as Oberyn Martell.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Just found this:

Last edited by Lord Avalon; August 29, 2012, 14:57. Reason: re-embedding vid
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• So now I have finished the books I have also re-read this entire thread and now dared to open all the spoiler tags

Question to the book readers (including even perhaps a spoiler for book readers about the plot of the series):

Spoiler:
              Are you guys aware of the ongoing debate on the internets about the true origins of Jon Snow? And if you are, what's your idea about it? Reading up on it I got the idea that Martin has really great abilities to hide a plotline very well, while still keeping it in our sights so that we can't say that we "didn't saw it coming". Unfortunately though nothing can be hid from the internets
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I think we are all aware of that debate... but its hardly a 'debate' now, isn't it?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It'd be more of a surprise if that theory doesn't turn out to be true, to be honest.

Comment

• Agreed.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Well, MRRG may not like it that everybody knows and come up with a plot change.

Spoiler:
                      I'm a bit worried though that the resurrection of Jon may be too much for me, like I already didn't like the death of Renly. I hope it won't be to cheap.

Comment

• One thing is definitely not a spoiler in the show at this point, so to address one thing you said: Renly was definitely dead, and never resurrected; it was his lover's brother wearing his distinctive armor at that battle.

As to the spoiler stuff:

Spoiler:
                        One easy out is that we didn't actually see Jon die; he could simply survive those wounds, especially with a pissed off giant and Tormund & Co. nearby to stop the assault. Freaky magic Melisandre is also in close proximity, so that is route #2. And, my personal favorite, is that he wargs into Ghost, which explains that seemingly random prologue about Varamyr Sixskins.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                          I wasn't talking about Renleys 'resurrection' but about his death. It was the worst part of the books imho.
                          Option Warg seems most logically for sure, but I'm sure he'll also get back into his body at a certain point. By then the nightwatch most probably is totally ruined by itself, wun wun and the free people. (after the nightwatch killed of Jon). But how? I hope it won't be cheesy

Comment

• Spoiler:
                            hmmm, good thing about that prologue! I have to re-read that! Thanks

Comment

• re: Renly's death. I think Martin had to place that in the books to show that Melisandre isn't just some crackpot but actually DOES have magic and her disposal. And makes everyone understand that yes this is a fantasy series.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I began reading the books this summer, after seeing the series and wanting the whole story. Good stuff.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X