A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I was wrong about the Reeds:

With the admonition that it may spoil things to learn that the next season of Game Of Thrones will introduce a whole bunch of new characters, many of whom will participate in plotlines and occasionally speak lines of dialogue, Entertainment Weekly has revealed a list of who will be joining the show next year,…

Relevent bit:

Mance Rayder, Daario Naharis, Edmure Tully, Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish), Lady Selyse Florent, Shireen Baratheon (Stannis' daughter), Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns), Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, Tormund Giantsbane, and Jojen and Meera Reed

Not sure how they'll work them in, but I'm glad to see the Tullys and Stannis' family. And especially Lady Olenna.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      I think Joffrey is in trouble.

His people hated him before the battle and his cowardice during the battle ("I've gotta go, my mommy's calling me") should remove any vestige of credibility he may have had left.

As he never reappeared under mom's skirts afterward I am left wondering what happened to him...
      It said he went back to his royal suite to hide out for the rest of the battle.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
        Spoiler:
        One a single battlefield? Essos. Dothraki would carve open the peasant spearmen from Westeros like a dry Christmas turkey, and there are more Dothraki than from all of the seven kingdoms put together...excluding the Reach.
        If you're turkey is dry then you are cooking it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
          Are the dragons part of westeros or essos?
          JM
          Historically, both. Though right now there are only three and they're in Essos.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            I figured it'd be happening several episodes ago after Renly was killed and then when Little Finger met with Tywin. Seemed pretty obvious from their conversation, but I just forgot about it in the weeks since.

But damn, with Lannisters & Tyrells united, the Barratheons wiped out, and the Greyjoys fighting against Starks, what the heck is Robb going to do? Eek! I suppose we're going to see more of House Tully & Arryn in the next season.
            There were no Tyrells in the last episode. The person one or two people in this thread called the knight of flowers is actually the Lannister cousin which Cersey was ****ing and who Tyrian blackmailed into spying for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              There were no Tyrells in the last episode. The person one or two people in this thread called the knight of flowers is actually the Lannister cousin which Cersey was ****ing and who Tyrian blackmailed into spying for him.
              Bull****, Loras Tyrell makes his appearance alongside with Tywin's crowd in the throne room at the end, and is easily distinguishable from Lancel Lannister.

Comment

Historically, both. Though right now there are only three and they're in Essos.
                IIRC, Dragons came from Valyria, which is in Essos. The Targaryens, descended from Old Valyria brought them to Westeros - that's how they conquered the Seven Kingdoms (Field of Fire and all that).

In addition to that Essos advantage:

Spoiler:
                In addition also to Dothraki, the Golden Company and other mercenary companies come from Essos. Also, the big banks, such as the Bank of Braavos that is financing much of Westeros's wars. The free cities are the ones with all the cash. So Essos has all the money, all the big mercenary hordes, and the dragons. Westeros would be flattened - unless the Others came to fight on their side
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Dragons came from Essos, but now they are from Westeros, except do you count these as coming fro Westeros (although Dany is from Westeros).

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Mein Gott, there are so many errors in that post one wonders where to begin.

Three (four if one wants to be very pedantic) actually: yes, that ****ing was Loras Tyrell with Twyin at the end; it is Cersei and Tyrion; and Knight of Flowers should be capitalized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Mein Gott, there are so many errors in that post one wonders where to begin.

Three (four if one wants to be very pedantic) actually: yes, that ****ing was Loras Tyrell with Twyin at the end; it is Cersei and Tyrion; and Knight of Flowers should be capitalized.
                      As long as we are correcting each other's spelling of names... isn't it Tywin?

But yea, I noticed it was the Loras when I watched the episode, I may have a better idea what is going on in the show then Oerdin who read the books.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
                        I think that is actually the worst episode this season. And it's not really that bad, I just don't think it's that great, but it's budget constrained. This deserves a battle on the proportions of the Gladiator opening scene. Just a bit hard to do that anywhere except Mogadishu, and I think the insurance would have been a tad expensive.
                        For me (with the exception of the green explosion) the scenes that made it the best were not battle scenes. The bar scene, the rally scene, the scenes in the women's sanctuary.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I agree, though I have to say that the original plan for the episode (where all we see of the battle are reports back to Cersei in the keep) would have been incredibly disappointing. I'm glad they were given the extra cash to make the episode they did.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Yes, just enough action to frame the other scenes.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              As long as we are correcting each other's spelling of names... isn't it Tywin?
                              Yup. Hate this damned laptop, especially when there is a cat laying across my wrists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                                Dragons came from Essos, but now they are from Westeros, except do you count these as coming fro Westeros (although Dany is from Westeros).

JM
                                These dragons don't come from Westeros. They were a gift from Ilyrio Mopatis, who is from Pentos (IIRC) to Dany.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X