No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's about what, 85 million? Not bad. It's less than a lot of crappy summer blockbusters.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Rumor is HBO is planning to make a series out of Neil Gaiman's American Gods next.

HBO series >>> pretty much every movie. The Wire, Deadwood, The Sopranos, Rome...
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'd never heard of American Gods...I just now read the plot synopsis on wiki for it and cannot fathom how that could possibly be successful as a miniseries.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I read it last year, very good book. I think it could actually work rather well, as it is episodic in nature.

Comment

I'm just not sure there's a large target market for Ganesh-is-alive-and-OMG-he's-killing-everything.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There's a large market for anything HBO wants to do. They've earned that amount of artistic leeway.

Comment

I just ordered HBO just so I could watch this show. The first episode was excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                  For example in the book the scene with Eddard in the bed where the monk guy comes in, Catlyn is naked and aching from ... guess.
                  Pilates?
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I've not read the books, and I'm no real fan of the Fantasy genre. The first episode was a bit boring, and smacked of "****! WE'VE GOT TO INTRODUCE A BUGGERLOAD OF PEOPLE!! DITCH ALL ACTION IN FAVOUR OF EXPOSITION IMMEDIATELY!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                      I've not read the books, and I'm no real fan of the Fantasy genre. The first episode was a bit boring, and smacked of "****! WE'VE GOT TO INTRODUCE A BUGGERLOAD OF PEOPLE!! DITCH ALL ACTION IN FAVOUR OF EXPOSITION IMMEDIATELY!"
                      Yup, I'd agree overall. The next few episodes should be better (and according to pretty much all reviewers who've seen screenings of the first six episodes, the first is the weakest since it's so exposition-heavy). They also cut the sword fight in the prologue

Still enjoyed it, but wasn't completely wowed, but the set design and basic acting are good enough that I think I'll enjoy the rest of the season.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                        Watching stuff like this . . . and WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH . . . and BOO HOO, BOO HOO.
                        Thanks for your thoughts.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Well, that's one of the more bizarre reactions I've seen here recently.

Comment

• time to watch ep2

Comment

• too short

Comment

• So many fewer boobs in this episode

Comment

Working...
                                X