• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see this series has attracted men of a certain type:

Visitors found this page by searching for:

game of thrones redhead

, game of thrones redhead whore

, game of thrones *****

, redhead prostitute game of thrones, game of thrones vagina, games of thrones tv show forum sites, who is the redhead whore in game of thrones, game of thrones apolyton, Powered by Ming entertainment tonight theme, redhead whore game of thrones, Powered by Ming entertainment tonight cast, the redhead in game of thrones, games of thrones shows *****, redhead game of thrones, game of thrones redhead prostitute, redhead whore in game of thrones, tv series redhead prostitute, game of thrones redhead *****, game of thrones red hed whore, who plays redhead whore in game of thrones, ros the redhead game of thrones, Powered by Ming television show, game of thrones boring, ros game of thrones vagina, redhead prostitute in game of thrones
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• That's one hell of an echo.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        This is why it's retarded (via Asher on Google+)

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

It would be frustrating. I watch on "illegal" downloads when it airs then buy the DVD when they finally get around to releasing it. I have no devil on my shoulder (guilt free).
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          That's one hell of an echo.
          Sorry, did you notice that too some where in the 8 previous pages?

Comment

• Did you not notice it? Lori was the last one to point it out, in post 683.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              This is why it's retarded (via Asher on Google+)

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones
              That's "nice". Some people do enjoy turning to piracy, but I wonder if they'll be pleased if enough people do it so HBO doesn't have the funds to make shows like this in the future? GoT is VERY expensive from all reports. HBO gets no money from cable fees. The vast majority of their money comes from subscriber fees. They make some on DVD and Blu-ray sales but not nearly enough to fund their shows since they don't get cable fees. In order to afford high quality productions they need to get as many subscriber fees as possible. That means delaying the DVDs.

HBO (and Showtime) are in a different league than other cable programing (that and their shows cost far more than other cable programming). But, if you'd like to accelerate the day when HBO just can't afford to make shows like this anymore, go ahead...
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It's a marketing model at odds with technology.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  HBO gets no money from cable fees. The vast majority of their money comes from subscriber fees. They make some on DVD and Blu-ray sales but not nearly enough to fund their shows since they don't get cable fees.
                  It's marketed differently here.

HBO (and other "premium" channels) are sold as add-ons to a cable package. i.e. You don't subscribe to them individually. The money the Cdn companies pay to HBO is probably lump sum rather than per individual subscriber.

That said, to get HBO I need to subscribe to a cable package of 100 plus channels costing over $100 a month. I watch about 2-3 hours of "television" per week. Just a wee bit of overkill, no?

I'm sorry HBO needs subscriber fees but the best they will get out of me is the DVD purchase and because they won't release the DVD for a year after airing I will continue to enjoy my advance screenings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                    It's a marketing model at odds with technology.
                    This. If HBO can't figure out how to monetize their products, that's their problem. If they spun off HBO Go into a Netflix style subscription service they'd probably do just fine. I know plenty of people who'd be cool with paying ten bucks a month to watch the best shows on television, but don't want to shell out a $100/month for a thousand channels they'll never watch. It's not 1980 anymore, and HBO needs to come to grips with that.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Not just HBO, but a host of other cable companies. The problem is that I don't want to spend $10/month to watch GoT on HBO, another $10 to watch Homeland on Showtime, another $10 to watch Breaking Bad on AMC, etc. And only to be able to watch them at certain times of the year. Free the television market!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I still wonder if Syrio Forel might still be alive and maybe Arya will run into him in Braavos. I mean it's implied that he was killed but they never actually say and meeting her old master could snap Arya out of her current training and make her go back to Westeros.

Comment

• I love watching TV, is here any one who love The Big Bang Theory? I am hunk on it now.

Comment

• "Hunk on it"? Seriously?

Besides, I've been boycotting Canadian TV shows since they cancelled Stargate SG-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                              This. If HBO can't figure out how to monetize their products, that's their problem.
                              And ours if we want such high quality, massive expensive to produce television shows. There is a reason broadcast TV has gone so far into Reality TV - its insanely cheap to produce and people watch it. Why spend lots of money for expensive serialized dramas that have big risks as to whether they'll find an audience (I realize it seems obvious now in hindsight, but HBO was concerned that not that many people were going to watch a "fantasy" series, and I'm sure they are concerned again for the upcoming season as the fantasy aspects get ratcheted up 3 notches). I understand the whole "I should get what I want, when I want, for free" drive, but that gets you no where with nothing.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I don't think the sky is falling for HBO. I checked their numbers last night and they seem pretty damn healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X