• Show
Clear All

• Who cares shes hot
    I'm not looking at her face
    "

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosh View Post
      Just a few more weeks until book five
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post

Only ****ing expression she has.
        Its a good one.

Better with dragons (and boobs).
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• And she got to keep her hair.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            oh yeah, wrt to Ned taking that "deserter's" head, tonight the king of the north's brother ran away and the old guy told him only ghosts would man the wall if they beheaded every dude who took off.
            Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
            If they beheaded every man who took off for a night.
            Also, hinted at in the show, and made explicit in the books, is that nearly everyone in the Watch slips down to Mole's Town (a subterranean town a couple miles south of The Wall) once in a while, "to dig for buried treasure." (Sleep with whores.)

The problem is when you don't come back.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
              Only ****ing expression she has.
              I've read the book, but you really must spoiler this...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• IIRC, if shown on the TV, then fair game for a TV discussion thread.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Fair enough.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
                    And she got to keep her hair.
                    Does she not keep her hair in the book? If not, then that's a change I can stand behind. But I suppose her hair is as immune to fire as the rest of her.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• "She was naked, covered with soot, her clothes turned to ash, her beautiful hair all crisped away ... yet she was unhurt."

They also left out the dragons suckling at her breasts.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

• I'm in favor of both liberties taken with the text. No one wants to see a bald girl with a tiny dragon sucking on her nipples.

Comment

• Well, what about two dragons? And they might not notice she's bald.

Comment

• I'd notice.

Comment

• I'm sure the hair would grow back and it would have been cool for dramatic effect. As for the dragons suckling on her breasts, that would have been kinky too!

Got the first book on loan from the library now, so I'll plough through that and see what the differences are...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• But where is all this going? The books are not finished yet? It looks like interesting reading but what should happen if the author should pass before completing the series? I have been burned before on reading series of books and they were not completed.
                                i wonder if I should wait till it is all completed? Same for the films.

Comment

Working...
                                X