No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the incident kicked off when the 52-year-old Bean and 22-year-old Playboy bunny April Summers (real name Nadia Foster) went outside Camden's Hill Bar and Brasserie to smoke. A passerby spotted the duo (or at least one half of the duo) and began making lewd comments, leading Bean to confront the big talker.
    I used to drink in that pub sometimes when I lived around there. It's actually very close to a major hospital.

What if his battle-'scratch' goes bad though? Will he suffer the fate of the Chief Horse-Fetishist?

Comment

• I haven't read the thread but I picked up these books and had just started on the first when i was told of the series. My tv provider has them on video on demand for free so over the last two days I whipped through the first 5 episodes and then started reading feverishly to catch up

Spoiler:
      The differences can be intriguing sometimes-- Spoiler alert spolier alert but from a very early episode--- The Khal has a very brief consummation scene with his young bride on TV where some of the elements of the book do not appear-- The book stresses the Khals tenderness and patience and the way he simply carressed his young bride for an extended period until she was a more than willing participant. In the show he just seems like a bit of a brute

OH well-- I'll be back to read the thread in a week when I finish the book and show and can actually join the discussion
      Last edited by OzzyKP; June 15, 2011, 11:07.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• There is another thread to discuss the book. Please don't post spoilers here.

If you post spoilers about the TV show (and only the TV show) then use the spoiler tags. Thanks

The book thread:
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Wouldn't book discussion necessarily be spoilers about the TV show?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
            I find it odd that so many people (not necessarily here) like the protrayal of Daenerys by the actress.

This is literally the only expression she has:

The now dead Khal Drogo was better when he had speaking scenes.
            You just dislike her because she doesn't have a manjaw

Comment

• I have to agree that her range of expressions seems a bit limited. But we'll give her a little more time since that might have been her "Geeze I'm naked here look"
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• she wasnt like that in the books? i thought she was stiff like that to then grow. hade a few scenes where she hade her claws out, nothing amazing tho.

Comment

• She has developed the defiant "I'm an your damn Callista" look as well. Broke it out a couple times this week...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Dude, it's 'Khaleesi'. WTF is this Callista ****!? It would take you like 2 seconds on google to get the right spelling...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                      I have to agree that her range of expressions seems a bit limited. But we'll give her a little more time since that might have been her "Geeze I'm naked here look"
                      Cersei is worse with her "sucking a lemon" face with one upraised eyebrow.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                        Dude, it's 'Khaleesi'. WTF is this Callista ****!? It would take you like 2 seconds on google to get the right spelling...
                        Thanks for your correction. I was rushed and, frankly, don't care that much.
                        After all, you knew what I meant so: communication successful.
                        Your annoyance: a small bonus.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                          Cersei is superhot I'd hit it

Comment

• Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                            i couldnt disagree more. cersei is awsome. bean is beeing a moron tho.

Comment

• It looks like several of the actors have been trying to convey a lot of the extra inflection from the books in very subtle facial expressions...Sansa and Littlefinger are both the same way. Early in the season I would have agreed about Cersei, but I think the actress has been getting a bit more emotive lately and it's working better. (Sansa did great at the end of the last episode too, Littlefinger is still missing the mark but has enough dialog to make up for it.)
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                                Littlefinger is still missing the mark
                                iam sorry but your ****ing stupied.

Comment

Working...
                                X