A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    Can't wait to see the reactions of newbies over at AV Club.
    Link? I enjoy the Television Without Pity newb thread so more would be fun...

wow, wtf? They just killed off the star of the show
    It's Sean Bean, what do you expect

Spoiler:

I'm just sad we're going to have to wait so long for "mayhaps"
    Last edited by Bosh; June 13, 2011, 01:32.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• sorry aboot that

Comment

• Love that them music!

Comment

• Found this video in the Av Club newbie comments.
          "

Comment

• Glad I decided to wait to read the books. Would have totally ruined this ep.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post

Found this video in the Av Club newbie comments.

I guess I was wrong about Arya saving him... oh well.

And can we please assume from now on that anything posted in spoiler tags is about the TV SHOW, not the book? Now that there is another thread, please keep all book comments (whether in or out of spoiler tags) in the other thread.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Yup. See how good we were about spoilers in this thread, when that big mother****ing anvil was about to drop?
                Yes, very good job.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I was waiting for the reactions.

Can't wait to see this ep with my SO on Friday.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    I was waiting for the reactions.

Can't wait to see this ep with my SO on Friday.
                    I was prepared for the worst. People keep saying that no one is safe from the author and he will kill off main characters so I assumed that this was a possibility. I was still hoping that something would intervene. Frankly I didn't expect that Ned would confess like that. So yea, not totally floored, but still surprised. I wonder what manner of execution they'll give Jamie next episode...

Comment

• Oh my God, they killed Ned!

The BASTARDS!

This is what happens when you were Boromir in a past life.

Still, good to see that Wilko Johnson can still wield an axe, as it were.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the imp smacking that little runt

but not if he loses his head over it

I was prepared for the worst. People keep saying that no one is safe from the author and he will kill off main characters so I assumed that this was a possibility.
                        I'm clueless, it totally caught me off guard. Even as the axe fell I figured something would intervene, but in a way its ironically "just" (well, not really ) - the dude beheaded an innocent man to start the show. Now I'll be interested to see if the queen's attempted intervention was genuine or feigned... I wonder how that kid will react when he finds out about mommy and daddy.

Comment

• That wasn't an innocent man. He abandoned the Night's Watch; that means death, no matter the circumstances.

Re: Joffrey, extremely mild spoiler below:

Spoiler:
                          The kid isn't merely a little ****; he is a genuine clinical psychopath.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                            I'm clueless, it totally caught me off guard. Even as the axe fell I figured something would intervene, but in a way its ironically "just" (well, not really ) - the dude beheaded an innocent man to start the show. Now I'll be interested to see if the queen's attempted intervention was genuine or feigned... I wonder how that kid will react when he finds out about mommy and daddy.
                            Ned executed a deserter of the Night's Watch, hardly an innocent man (although it's understandable why he fled).

I think Cersei was trying to talk some sense to the boy. Executing a lord doesn't serve the realm, as other lords might be even less inclined to bend the knee.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• i think the queen tried to interven cus she was trying to stop robb from fighting. not much chance of that happening now.

iam starting to enjoy hateing joffrey. i also expect a scene where tywin smack him in place and it will be awsome.

Comment

• he ran from the boogiemen in shock and Ned cut his head off rather than listen to him. It aint like the guy was trying to escape his own people, he was returning from a nasty battle clearly out of his mind. Does the book go into that matter in more detail? Seems like the author did that on purpose...

Comment

Working...
                                X