A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gold? Women? Golden women?"

There's just something about the Dinklage in that role... he really ought to win awards.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm thinking he will. A standout performance in an awesome role.

His new merc sidekick has great potential as well.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
        Thorne said "you'll hang for this" ... and then Jon does not hang. Bad for discipline.
        They should have hung him as example to others.
        As I said, Thorne is not well-liked, to put it diplomatically, by anyone. There may have been more punishment coming, but saving the Lord Commander from a zombie horror from beyond the Wall tends to earn one some clemency.

Comment

• "How would you like to die?"

"When I'm 80... in my bed... with a woman's mouth around my c*ck."

Hard to argue with, that.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            It hasn't been shown in the show as much, but it is hinted in the book that all of the officers recognize that Ser Thorne is a giant *****, and therefore Mormont is a bit sympathetic to Snow.
            who were these characters in the scene of the old guy getting fired?

These people in the show start rattling off somebody's titles and I lose track of the first name by the time they're done

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              I'm thinking he will. A standout performance in an awesome role.

His new merc sidekick has great potential as well.
              like a cat and big dog roaming the countryside on some adventure

Comment

• BTW is it just me being preconditioned or does anyone else find round towers of Winterfell
                to be ... dunno, unfitting for the climate? And weirdly proportioned? They look to me more
                like something that would fit more south.

In northern climates you usually have sharp roofs so that snow and ice would not accumulate.

BTW I love the grimaces Cersei does with her face. They're rather uncommon.

Comment

• she's hot

is it a coincidence her name sounds like the witch from one of those movies about a sailor lost at sea? The Odyssey?

Comment

• sooooo
                    Summary: Dragon>Horse>Lamb People
                    while Wolf is equal to Lion

Im just waiting for the Crustacean People to make an Appearance
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• whoops
                      Last edited by Main_Brain; June 6, 2011, 18:06. Reason: doublepost
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        who were these characters in the scene of the old guy getting fired?

These people in the show start rattling off somebody's titles and I lose track of the first name by the time they're done
                        The old guy getting fired was Ser Barristan Selmy, known as Barristan the Bold, one of the most famous knights and warriors in the realm, and Commander of the Kingsguard, a brotherhood of seven men sworn to defend the King, forgoing all properties, marriage, etc., serving the rest of their lives. He served the King prior to Robert, the "Mad King", as did Jaime Lannister, who forswore his oath and murdered the Mad King at the end of Robert's war.

The guy who came for Arya at the beginning of the episode, while training with her "Dancing Master", was another member of the Kingsguard, Meryn Trant. They wear white armor and cloaks.

None of them have anything to do with what is going on at the Wall.

Comment

• thx, see how lost I am when it comes to names?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            brackets around spoiler, just like "quote".

Spoiler:
                            Most annoying supernatural aspect of book three so far: Immortal Robin Hood. Which is a shame, because I think I'll like his character otherwise.

Good to see Dany finally start kicking ass, by burning the Slaver city to the mother****ing ground. Awesome.

Quick question; a "former" or "latter" or "both" will suffice:

Reese Bolton: supernatural, or just creepy and evil?
                            Spoiler:
                            Dondarrion isn't the only undying character. The next one is much more annoying.

And Bolton isn't supernatural, just creepy and evil.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              thx, see how lost I am when it comes to names?
                              Me too.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I shall miss the Dancing Master, presumed dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X