No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen the theme to this show before, many moons ago, a show called " Dallas " .
    OR was it " As the World Turns" ?

Comment

ok,ok joking aside, it did seem like a good show

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
        If that is an intelligent show, what would be a dumb show?
        2.5 Men.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

It was a good opening episode. As expected, some minor changes from the book. The casting is pretty good too.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

I've never read the books, or even heard anything about them before, so I admit to being a wee bit confused by all the characters and backstory they tried to stuff into the show. So, please correct me if I am wrong, but...

Was that the queen and her brother ****ing doggy-style at the end, or did I take too much allergy medication?
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yes, her twin brother to be more precise.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Delightful! And the roguish dwarf brother serves as their fluffer?
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Best spoilers ever!
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The casting of Peter Dinklage as the dwarf Tyrion Lannister is perfect.
                    And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

He's not a part of that activity... the incest is purely Cersei and Jaime.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Alright, I'm convinced.

Incestuous twins and fluffer dwarves?

Back in an hour.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          Delightful! And the roguish dwarf brother serves as their fluffer?
                          No, he only patronizes brothels and the like.
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
                            i think they introduced to many characters for one episode. but it looks good for the future.
                            Yeah, they could have gone with a two hour opener I think and made things a bit clearer, but I was happy with it as is given that they're trying to do an entire book in 10 episodes. Well, except for the bit after Dany's wedding which was portrayed differently than in the book, but I think that's a change that will make more sense on a television show than in the book.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Everyone has English accents.

How am I supposed to know who the bad guys are?

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X