No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mentioned three entirely new characters in book three; how would they die before they were introduced?

I also love Dolorous Edd, who hasn't been seen in the TV series yet. That is all I will say about him, other than he is the Eeyore of the Night's Watch.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      I mentioned three entirely new characters in book three; how would they die before they were introduced?

I also love Dolorous Edd, who hasn't been seen in the TV series yet. That is all I will say about him, other than he is the Eeyore of the Night's Watch.
      Well, you did mention Cersei, Jamie, Tywin, Joffrey, etc.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I see Tywin and expect to see one eye being a yellow smilie face.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• It's weird, there's a few little things I'd like to ***** about not being true to the books (for example some stuff about the Tywin meets the hill clan guys scene that was very interesting but got cut) but I can't complain seeing that the author wrote the script for this episode On the other hand, a bunch of the lines that were in this episode that weren't in the book were quite cool and very in-character.
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• "And this is Bronn, son of..."

"...you wouldn't know him."

I ****ing love that Odd Couple duo.

Comment

• Bronn is awesome. It is known.
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• This episode was brilliant.

Great pacing, nice balance of action and dialogue, amazing imagery (here I refer to the ravens leaving Winterfell, of course, and not Hodor's Hodor), scenes that bring out character and setting rather than have them spoonfed to us, strong acting from a number of different characters.

I think the show has gone from a fairly good adaptation of a better book to a solid drama in its own right. I hope they can keep it up.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

"And this is Bronn, son of..."

"...you wouldn't know him."

I ****ing love that Odd Couple duo.
                  Yes, that was a classic.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosh View Post
                    Bronn is awesome. It is known.
                    It is known.

Comment

• Great episode. I think the cast is great, all strong actors, literally no weak scenes.

The Jon Snow thing was a bit weird though... he pulled a weapon against an
                      officer and all he gets is being suspended to his room?

Comment

• I'm surprised the little twerp on the throne didn't have him killed for that, but the queen is the brains so in "real life" she would have explained to the runt how politic it was that he walk away after getting a pink slip. He did blame the old guy for his "father's" death so it was more personal.

how do you use the spoiler function in a post?

Comment

• brackets around spoiler, just like "quote".

Spoiler:
                          Most annoying supernatural aspect of book three so far: Immortal Robin Hood. Which is a shame, because I think I'll like his character otherwise.

Good to see Dany finally start kicking ass, by burning the Slaver city to the mother****ing ground. Awesome.

Quick question; a "former" or "latter" or "both" will suffice:

Reese Bolton: supernatural, or just creepy and evil?

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                            Great episode. I think the cast is great, all strong actors, literally no weak scenes.

The Jon Snow thing was a bit weird though... he pulled a weapon against an
                            officer and all he gets is being suspended to his room?
                            It hasn't been shown in the show as much, but it is hinted in the book that all of the officers recognize that Ser Thorne is a giant *****, and therefore Mormont is a bit sympathetic to Snow.

Comment

• I know it's an excellent episode when it ends, then I look up at the clock and say, "Really, that's an hour already?"
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It hasn't been shown in the show as much, but it is hinted in the book that all of the officers recognize that Ser Thorne is a giant *****, and therefore Mormont is a bit sympathetic to Snow.
                                Thorne said "you'll hang for this" ... and then Jon does not hang. Bad for discipline.
                                They should have hung him as example to others.

Comment

Working...
                                X