No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After finishing the second book, the villians still don't have a whole lot of depth. I will say this, though: Cersei and Jaime have ****tons of style. I enjoy the characters, despite the lack of shading.

Joffrey, on the other hand, is the most pathetic, despicable creature I have ever had the misfortune of coming across. Here's to hoping that Tywin does away with the little *****.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Erm, spoiler tags please gents, for book-talk. :-|

Comment

• It's no spoiler that Joffrey is a little bastard, in all senses of the word.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• that was a good episode, all the talk is finally becoming action

Comment

• Guynemer: keep on reading, A Song of Swords is generally considered the best book in the series by fans.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Unfortunately A Feast for Crows is generally considered the worst...
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Spoiler:
                Guy - Jamie gets more nuanced. He's trending towards being one of my favorite characters (though part of that is the killing off of other contenders for that honor). Tyrion is still the best for me, through the end of book 4.

-Arrian
                Last edited by Arrian; June 6, 2011, 15:48. Reason: spoiler tags, way too late. My apologies.
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Excellent. So Tyrion is still alive in book 4, eh? I could see myself getting worried about that while watching the TV series, so thanks for pre-emptively putting my mind to rest.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    Is it not an ensemble cast like the books?

I liked the dwarf, but he wasn't my favorite character. I would be sad if he was the only character carrying the show.

I actually liked Ned a lot, for example.

JM
                    the imp isnt carrying the show his just the most awsomest. or so i thought till littlefinger stole the show. so far the best sceen for me is littlefinger and the bald spider(or what ever iam supposed to call him) camly but furiously duking it out in the throne room.

i liked Ned at the start but his just a god damn *****.

also gona go out on a limb here, but i like the vagina showing hooker. as far as acting goes shes doing a very good job.

only thing i disslike about the show is lord snow and sam. there fake laugh bugs me.

best supporting actor so far is the ward of thos sky prisons. love that accent.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                      Less than a hundred pages into book three, and I already have three new favorite non-Tyrion characters: Queen of Thorns, Mance, and his many-titled advisor.
                      Last edited by Guynemer; June 4, 2011, 11:31.

Comment

• Right. I will leave this thread forever. It has turned into a book-thread which will kill the TV series for any non-reader, if it hasn't already.

Bye.

Comment

• Fine. Be anti-literacy
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah, please please please put anything book related in spoiler blocks, it's really not that ****ing hard.

For people who haven't read the books (and even those who have) check out the televisionwithoutpity.com Game of Thrones board and look for the completely unspoiled speculation thread. Anyone who's read the books and posts there gets banned and it's a lot of fun to read (even though a lot of the posters seem to think they're watching Lost).
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• I'm not sure how what I posted constitutes a spoiler, but I'll comply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                I'm not sure how what I posted constitutes a spoiler, but I'll comply.
                                Well in a series with a good-sized body count, talking about character X doing stuff in book X means that they can't die before that.
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X