No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once the first season is done airing you could read the first book and that shouldn't spoil much of anything. Just only read what's already been shown on TV
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• **** these bots.

Just met Theon's father. What a charmer.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I haven't watched this yet, but a friend of mine who hadn't read the books said that she found it better than a sleeping pill for inducing a nap. And she loves Elizabethan costume dramas.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Excellent casting of Tywin Lannister. Charles Dance is one creepy mother****er.

Comment

• Yup, they needed someone who could pull off the right kind of stare, and I think they found him. Looks enough like Jaime's actor as well that you get the family resemblance.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• About 3/4ths the way through book #2, now. Terrific, very good sense of a world got berzerk, but...

Spoiler:
              I hope there aren't more supernatural elements coming, I like the relative realism of the world. White Walkers, I can deal. Dragons, eh, no reason they couldn't exist as a species. Prophetic dreams, with Bran and the Reeds, pushing it a bit. This supernatural shadow assassin stuff with Melisandre, I'm close to the limit.

Comment

• Ah, Ned, you poor, honorable fool. You should have listened to Renly. And Littlefinger.

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Just met Theon's father. What a charmer.
                The "Late" Lord Frey is some piece of work, too.

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                About 3/4ths the way through book #2, now. Terrific, very good sense of a world got berzerk, but...

spoiler
                There is more to come.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Bugger.

Comment

• Miss "Only There To Keep The Ratings Up" appeared in last night's episode, showing off a lady garden that's becoming so familiar that I'm now on first-name terms with it. I suspect her IMDB listing is "Woman with vagina".
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• You could use her official name. 'Redhead Whore'?
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• I had trouble following what Mr Slimeyman was saying while the two girls were loudly doing their thing together.

Comment

• littlefinger

Comment

• Sansa

I assume I just met one of the so-called Faceless Men. Not sure why, but that bit of magic/supernatural/whatever didn't bother me too much.

Comment

• You realize this is a fantasy series, right?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes, of course. I just prefer the gritty realism of a nation fracturing at the seems, and people swept along in tide, to
                                Spoiler:
                                blue-skinned immortal wizards, or weirdly-hot red-eyed women berthing shadow assassins at the drop of a hat.

So sue me. The most compelling parts of the books so far have ****-all to do with the supernatural. Tyrion for life, yo.

Comment

Working...
                                X