A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I believe he is referring to a new friend of Ser Loras.

For the rest of us, Ygritte got full-frontal. Wowsa.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Yeah Loras got in two swordfights last night

Been waiting for this Ygritte moment but no it wasn't full frontal I think, we saw her tits briefly but there was strategic use of camera angles otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
          Spoiler:
          Remind me, what does Quentin have to do with the prophesy?
          Master spoilers ahead; don't read if you haven't read A Dance With Dragons yet.

Spoiler:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east,"
          Quentin is from house Martel, which sigil is the sun (with the spear)
          He rised in the west (Westeros) and died in the east (mereen, by the dragons)

"When the seas go dry"
          At the end when Dany is in the Dothraki sea again, looking for Drogon, she notices that the grass is drying/dying. (autumn/winter most probably also catch up with the Dothraki lands on Esteros)

"and mountains blow in the wind like leaves."
          The pyramids of Mereen blow in the wind like leaves when the dragons were set loose, and attack the pyramids.

"When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child."
          Near the end of ADWD Dany is bleeding, she wonders if it's her period, and then concludes that her periods was months ago.
          The blood is much more then a period as well, she concludes, but it's still blood. Not blood and ****, like the pale mare sickness.
          Conclusion: whe was having a misscariage, and was bearing a living child before that. (her womb had at least quickened again)

"Then he will return, and not before."
          Just then it is that Drogon (Drogo) returns to her, and accepts her as his master.

It's obviously just a theory, especially the part about the blood is not the strongest, but in general it's imho a very cool theory,
          and it does justice to the imho most aching prophecy of the books, and Drogon accepting Dany is a real turning point in her story, imho.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            For the rest of us, Ygritte got full-frontal. Wowsa.

I was wondering why my recorder has been steaming gently. Must catch up on viewing.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Spoiler:
              Oh god, that actually fits
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                Master spoilers ahead; don't read if you haven't read A Dance With Dragons yet.

Spoiler:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east,"
                Quentin is from house Martel, which sigil is the sun (with the spear)
                He rised in the west (Westeros) and died in the east (mereen, by the dragons)

"When the seas go dry"
                At the end when Dany is in the Dothraki sea again, looking for Drogon, she notices that the grass is drying/dying. (autumn/winter most probably also catch up with the Dothraki lands on Esteros)

"and mountains blow in the wind like leaves."
                The pyramids of Mereen blow in the wind like leaves when the dragons were set loose, and attack the pyramids.

"When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child."
                Near the end of ADWD Dany is bleeding, she wonders if it's her period, and then concludes that her periods was months ago.
                The blood is much more then a period as well, she concludes, but it's still blood. Not blood and ****, like the pale mare sickness.
                Conclusion: whe was having a misscariage, and was bearing a living child before that. (her womb had at least quickened again)

"Then he will return, and not before."
                Just then it is that Drogon (Drogo) returns to her, and accepts her as his master.

It's obviously just a theory, especially the part about the blood is not the strongest, but in general it's imho a very cool theory,
                and it does justice to the imho most aching prophecy of the books, and Drogon accepting Dany is a real turning point in her story, imho.
                I have read it. And I never thought of it that way. But it fits! Did you think this up yourself?
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I've been enjoying their gratuitous use of places I've visited...

Iceland looked like Lake Myvatn, and the Moroccan part I've been through too.

Add that to Northern Ireland and Malta and the fact that I'll be visiting Dubrovnik in a month or so and I've pretty much got a clean sweep of GoT locations!
                  Last edited by MOBIUS; April 30, 2013, 10:36.
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I think they've gotten better at streamlining the story even while keeping the basics of it the same. They've certainly gotten better at making things dramatic.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                      I've been enjoying their gratuitous use of places I've been...

Iceland looked like Lake Myvatn and the Moroccan part I've been through too.

Add that to Northern Island and Malta and the fact that I'll be visiting Dubrovnik in a month or so and I've pretty much got a clean sweep of GoT locations!
                      When you get to Croatia annoy the locals by constantly asking where the Red Keep is.

Comment

• Annoy them even more by asking them when they're going to give Krajina back.

Comment

• My college has a campus in Dubrovnik. The Pearl of the Adriatic.

Comment

• Until it got shelled.

Comment

• I imagine all the pretty bits have been tarted up again.
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Generally speaking, the more supernatural this show gets, the less I enjoy it. I watch it for the scheming and intrigue, not the Dungeons and Dragons guff which just detracts from the rest of the plot.

Having said that, last episode's flaming swordfight between Meltyface and One-Eye kicked bum. It was well choreographed- not fancy Errol Flynn-type swashbuckling, but two bloke just whaling the crap out of each other with heavy metal. And then they dicked it up with resurrection. Well, I'll not get too upset by anyone else in that bunch of beardy desperados encountering a spot of death in future episodes.

While the Ygritte scene got Poly hot under the collar, I think she got completely blown out of the water by the Incredible She-Hulk's awe-inspiring botty airing. I have no idea if a bum double was used, but it was magnificent and fully justifies my recent obsession with the good lady. Incidentally I note that the actress chose to combat her lack of confidence in her body by putting her nudes all over Google, so if anyone feels like showing support for those struggling with bodily stereotypes or lack of confidence please go and look at her muff as a gesture of solidarity with the Sisterhood. Girl power!
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X