A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Jorah's story becomes far more interesting in the 3rd book (3rd and 4th seasons) and beyond. They likely paid him so much for that purpose, even if he had little to do in season 1&2 (and he Glen kind of matches what Jorah should look like and I can't think of another character he'd be good for).
    If you go to GRRM's "Not a Blog" Blog he specifically speaks about this problem in the most recent video. He talks about how he really wanted great actors for each part but how the economics of the TV/movie business kind of make that difficult. He specifically mentions some of the characters who have very minor parts in the first few books but who become major characters in the later books; the problem is he can't hire a big name actor (who would demand a lot of money) but then tell them "Yeah, for the first three years you won't be anything but a background character until the fourth season where you'll become a major character". It's kind of a catch 22 situation.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Kraznys should have beaten more gym leaders before attempting to control such a high level pokemon this episode.

Comment

• The mother****ing Breaker Of Shackles.

Spoiler:
            Too bad her storyline sucks from here on out.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Don't forget about
              Spoiler:
              DAAAAAAARIO!

Agreed.

Comment

• Can I please forget about that?

Though it may be worth it if we get some more
                Spoiler:
                Emilia Clarke sex scenes.

Incidentally, that Tywin-Cersei scene?
                Spoiler:
                He was writing the Red Wedding letters.

Comment

• Yes, yes, he was.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Dany's story is not that bad. At one point later, she flies a dragon for crying out loud!
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                      Ramsay is ****ing evil. When Theon becomes psychotic no one will be questioning why.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Best episode in the series so far.

Somehow I doubt we'll be seeing Emilia's breasts again. Sigh.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          The mother****ing Breaker Of Shackles.

Spoiler:
                          Too bad her storyline sucks from here on out.
                          Wha..?

Spoiler:
                          Not until she parks her butt in Meereen does it suck. Her destruction of Yunkai is just ridiculously awesome
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well

Spoiler:
                            She doesn't destroy Yunkai; they surrender after Daario switches sides and Strong Belwas (who is MIA, and will likely be merged into Grey Worm, if at all) kills their champion. They just send out all of their slaves. She should have destroyed Yunkai; would have saved her (and the readers) a ****ton of trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                              Best episode in the series so far.

Somehow I doubt we'll be seeing Emilia's breasts again. Sigh.
                              We'll always have the first episode.

Dat ass.

Comment

• Honestly, I found myself somewhat impulsively skimming or even skipping large parts of Dany's chapters after she gets her bigass army. They're just dull.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X