A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler:
    You know...if the Brave companions hadn't been axed...Brienne could have fought him and Bugs might have orgasmed just off that
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• And you lost me.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
        It was mentioned, but BB is, what, 70 now? Way too old to act on TV

He wouldn't be the oldest on GOT. He's a year younger than Julian Glover, and a whopping 13 years younger than Peter Vaughan.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          And you lost me.
          Probably for the best.

Spoiler:
          (Jeor Mormont called the old bear, which is whom Blessed could have played,. but instead he could play the bear that Brienne fights in the pit)

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          He wouldn't be the oldest on GOT. He's a year younger than Julian Glover, and a whopping 13 years younger than Peter Vaughan.
          They are old cripples though. Robert was supposed to be middle aged and healthy, if verging on morbidly obese. Jeor Mormont does fit the bill though, aged but still strong.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• I'm not sure who those actors are, but I'm guessing Maesters Pycelle and Aemon. Luwin doesn't look that old.

Comment

• Yup, those are the two Bugs is talking about.

Comment

I'm not sure who those actors are, but I'm guessing Maesters Pycelle and Aemon. Luwin doesn't look that old.
                Peter Vaughan as Harry Grout in the classic 70's prison sitcom Porridge

Comment

Hey, an excuse to post my new Ann Coulter's vagina picture!

I'm disturbed by how many pics you have of Ann Coulter's vag.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
                    Yup, those are the two Bugs is talking about.
                    Also, I am 100% certain the scene you described in your spoiler text is happening, even without
                    Spoiler:
                    the Mummers.

Comment

• Seen episode 3 now. Observations follow-

1- Huzzah! Iain Glen got to do a few seconds of actual acting, rather than just explaining stuff to Princess Perkytits.

It's getting a bit silly. He's a really good actor and can't have been cheap to hire, but they might as well replace him with rolling text on the screen. No wonder he's looking a bit bored.

2- One odd but welcome thing about this show is that the best bits are often seemingly irrelevant to the overarching plot, and just feature characters cocking around. The Dinklage/Flynn scenes being a classic example- I suspect it probably advanced the story not one single iota, but wasn't it fun?

3- Pubes (I do hate to disappoint). Intriguing to note that they don't follow the trend for ludicrous merkins as seen on "Spartacus", but feature 100% kosher fluff. Albeit meticulously manicured and styled fluff, admittedly. And that raises some rather pressing questions- are today's target audiences only considered capable of viewing a furred ladygarden if it is:

A- Intensively trimmed, edged and styled

or

B- Ridiculously and ludicrously 100% acrylic and fake?

Very strange. Now I'm sure the less rapaciously and indiscriminately heterosexual among you might be only too glad of this weird state of affairs, but I'd be overjoyed to see them feature a gloriously unreconstructed medieval growler or two. The kind of muff that looks like they're nestling a Clydesdale's hoof betwixt their thighs. It would strike a glorious blow for authenticity and inclusivity.

Comment

• I hoping for some futanari to satisfy people with that particular sexual proclivity.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                          1- Huzzah! Iain Glen got to do a few seconds of actual acting, rather than just explaining stuff to Princess Perkytits.

It's getting a bit silly. He's a really good actor and can't have been cheap to hire, but they might as well replace him with rolling text on the screen. No wonder he's looking a bit bored.
                          Jorah's story becomes far more interesting in the 3rd book (3rd and 4th seasons) and beyond. They likely paid him so much for that purpose, even if he had little to do in season 1&2 (and he Glen kind of matches what Jorah should look like and I can't think of another character he'd be good for).

And he is listed as a main character... though I guess if he died his hair black, Iain Glen could switch roles with Stephen Dillane (who plays Stannis), but they both seem perfectly cast for their roles.
                          Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; April 19, 2013, 14:36.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Is the guy who saved Theon Greyjoy from ass raping the same guy who freed him from the torture chamber? Or is he some other character who was previously introduced in the TV series.
                            In the scene just before the guy extends his arm to help Theon up, Theon seemed frightened as if he did not know the guy and maybe thinking that he will kill him as well.

Or am I imagining things?

I am just curious, if based on the TV series so far, we are supposed to know who this guy is.
                            Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Same dude.

And the TV series is deliberately keeping him in the dark. (well, these scenes are not in the book, but book readers can make an educated guess)
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He's obviously a key character, because he's another rising star actor- he played a major part in three series of "Misfits".

Comment

Working...
                                X