A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    On another forum (with a lot more users than this one) I was following the livechat thread for this episode and the comments after Jaime got his hand cut off were absolutely hysterical. They were like "oh what a smooth mother****er talking his way out of this" followed swiftly by cries of horror.

That's the substitute I use when I don't have non-book readers around to watch the episode with me.
    The end result was the same, Jaime still had his hand cut off, but in the books there was a huge build up about who Vargo Hoat was, why he was such a sadistic bastard, how he and his mercenary group used to work for Jaime's dad just prior to events but switched sides, and so it was more understandable why he didn't take Jaime's offer. Not to mention with the Arya scenes in Harrenhal we all learned how Vargo Hoat enjoyed maiming people for fun just because he could.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yeth, it'th a pity he'th not in it tho far...

Maybe they didn't want to piss people off with lisps?
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Also, it's often occurred to me that calling the condition a 'lisp' is particularly heartless, when people afflicted by it can't describe their condition without being affected by it...

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
          Yeth, it'th a pity he'th not in it tho far...

Maybe they didn't want to piss people off with lisps?
          Not to mention we missed the whole Brienne biting Hoat's ear off while he tried to rape her as well as the resulting infection and what that leads to.
          Last edited by Dinner; April 16, 2013, 17:46.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Yeah, it's like they've suddenly got all squeamish...

Next they'll be saying that
            Spoiler:
            they've suddenly decided not to brutally murder Robb Stark at the wedding after all...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
              As I said on the book thread, these characters don't tend to fall into binary bad guy/good guy categories.

REDACTED is one of the most interesting character developments in the book.

Spoiler tag it, please.
              Last edited by Bugs ****ing Bunny; April 17, 2013, 01:04.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                Spoiler tag it, please.
                Done. Now can you spoiler tag my comment in your reply, please.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                  the blondie dragon queen chick is hot
                  i want to insert my penis in her vageen
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I've only just got round to seeing the second episode. Nice swordfight between BeardyJamie and The Incredible She-Hulk (who I'm starting to find alarmingly arousing).

One stark division I've noticed between the Bookies and those who only know GOT from the TV show, and it concerns the Crap CGI Wolves. The book fans seem to have deep emotional connections with them, whereas as far as I'm concerned it wouldn't harm the plot noticeably if they got replaced by Guinea Pigs. I'm guessing their role has been somewhat edited down for TV?

Comment

• Can I also apologise for that accidental "stark" use? Hell would freeze over before I used a pun that lame.

Comment

• The thing about Brienne's actress is that she's pretty much the most unattractive woman I've ever seen who isn't just plain obese or otherwise unhealthy. Which fits the description in the book perfectly but is really, really unusual in television and film.

Comment

• I would.

Comment

• I'm judging her attractiveness within the context of how she is made up and costumed in the show, which is decidedly butch.

Comment

• I still would.

Comment

• With all the main characters getting killed off this is like The walking dead.

Who is the main character of these books?

Comment

Working...
                                X