X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Bans the Flux Capacitor

China Bans Movies About ... Time Travel
    Bureau complains that they're 'totally made up'

(Newser) – China’s censors are taking a hard line against... flux capacitors? Yes, it seems that time travel TV shows and movies have become increasingly popular in China, and regulators at the General Bureau of Radio, Film and Television are sick of them. They issued a declaration last week calling for a halt on all such dramas, Tech Dirt reports.

“Many stories are totally made up,” the bureau complained. “The producers and writers are treating the serious history in a frivolous way, which should by no means be encouraged anymore.” The bureau has also discouraged any TV or movie versions of “the four great classical novels of China.”

That's right! History is sacred, dammit!
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

History is a flexible thing in China.

Rewriting history to suit government propaganda.

They teach BS in schools. the problem here seems to be that the BS on TV is not the same as the BS in schools.

Comment

yes, the nation was founded on Christian beliefs
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

That's the American right wing's favorite way to rewrite history.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The history of ones own country is best looked through rose tinted glasses.

and usually is.

Comment

The Chinese love irony.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

"They keep contradicting our propaganda about history so they have to go!"
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
              X