Forever Future mod: first PBEM game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forever Future mod: first PBEM game thread

I'm starting this thread as a game host. Anything concerning the game (other than player-to player diplomacy that is ) is to be discussed here.
    The players are:
    #5 myself (Viking)
    #6 quinns (Mexican)
    #7 Solar (Romans)
    #8 Eerion (Japanese)

I'll be sending the first turn to quinns soon. Hope it doesn't crash
    my email: GSDioxine@gmail.com

Yay! Here we go!
    My email is solar_scorch(at)o2(dot)pl, and my Skype ID is the same as my email login. Can't wait for the first turn!

Comment

I have started the game. Now I'm only waiting for an email adress from quinns.

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Smirnov View Post
        I have started the game. Now I'm only waiting for an email adress from quinns.
        quinn2084 where gmail how com

Comment

Map: Huge
          Players: 4 cpu + 4 humans. Humans are given random positions from 5. to 8.
          Pollution: enabled
          Bloodlust: disabled
          Difficulty: Deity
          Barbs: Raging hordes
          Land Mass: 30%
          Continent: 60%
          Diversity: 60%
          Temperature and Humidity: 50%
          Goods: 70%

Winning conditions:
          Free For All, any rules are open to diplomacy.
          A winner is declared when all the other human players concede defeat (or are eliminated).

Comment

Question: When playing PBEM on Forever Future (FF) do I have to have the FF files loaded on my "Civilization -- Call to Power folder"? Right now, I have two folders, one for my standard CTP PBEM games, and a duplicate folder, but with the FF mod installed called "Civilization -- CTP FF". When I click to open a turn, I wonder if it will bomb or know which folder to use...

Comment

I guess if you're using a new install for the FF mod, it will bomb out, since the .cgs file is associated with the old install. Then you have to change the file association - and you can't do it on Windows Vista or 7, since the ctp.exe needs to be launched with a parameter... I'll just paste what I have written on the windows 7 issue thread:

1.Go here: creativelement.com/powertools/#download
              2. Download it.
              3. Edit .csg file entry with File Doctor (I believe that's what it was called). Add a 'r-click command'
              4. The command should be civctp.exe -|"%1"

A bit of a hassle, but it'll allow you to have multiple commands available for the .cgs files, so you can play both normal and FF game with no further problems.

Also, turn 0 posted to Senor quinns. Waiting for a return file from Eerion-san

Good luck guys and please don't die prematurely You can post the turns to me anytime, finding 5 minutes to finish a turn is not a big deal for me, even if I'm busy, since I'm sorta between jobs now. I hope it'll be a great game, after all it'll probaly take a year or more
              Last edited by Max_Smirnov; April 6, 2011, 19:29.

Comment

Turn 0 to Solar!

I just loaded it on another machine and overwrote the CTP_DATA folder there. That worked. I can't figure out how to have both on the same machine yet... maybe later!

Comment

Turn 1 to quinns.

Comment

Turn 2 to quinns.

Comment

Good luck and have fun people.
                      It's my first civilisation multiplayer game. And ctp is first civilisation I played more then 2 hours, so be gentle

Comment

Turn 4 to quinns (7250 BC )

Comment

Turn 4 to Solar.

Comment

Originally posted by Eerion View Post
                            Good luck and have fun people.
                            It's my first civilisation multiplayer game. And ctp is first civilisation I played more then 2 hours, so be gentle
                            Playing possum? Two rules I learned in CTP multiplayer: 1) Never trust anyone; 2) When you're sure you can trust someone, refer to rule 1.

Comment

Well this rule refers to some other Multiplayer games, so thanks for info, but I already know that :P
                              I just jope I won't end up being between 2 deity AI's. They might crush me accidentally :P

Comment

Working...
                              X