This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Story Thread 7 - April 2011]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo Game "Destiny of Empires" (DoE)

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread.
    Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

Destiny of Empires is a diplomacy game.
    The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.
    Fore more information visit the Diplogame FAQ by OzzyKP

For more information visit the Organization Thread.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Russia accepts Inca as a host to the peace negotiations.

And Russia puts it straight:

Before the end of this turn, all involved parties in the Axis - Neandor, Vikings and France to make a statement if thy agree that South Britania including London have to be returned to England.

If no such statement is made, Russia will cease all peace negotiations considering them only attempt of buying time and tricking the world showing good will, which is not present.

If no such statement is made from all the nations from the Neandor-Vikings-France Axis, Russia will start active military actions against all of them, including, but not limited to naval and land invasions.

It must be clear - either you are willing to have reasonable peace, or you are not!!!

Comment

[OOC] If you need some more time, a pause is acceptable. I am not finished my turn and will want to log in once more and act accordingly if you choose the war path.[/OOC]

Comment

Originally posted by Russia (DoE) View Post
        Russia accepts Inca as a host to the peace negotiations.

And Russia puts it straight:

Before the end of this turn, all involved parties in the Axis - Neandor, Vikings and France to make a statement if thy agree that South Britania including London have to be returned to England.

If no such statement is made, Russia will cease all peace negotiations considering them only attempt of buying time and tricking the world showing good will, which is not present.

If no such statement is made from all the nations from the Neandor-Vikings-France Axis, Russia will start active military actions against all of them, including, but not limited to naval and land invasions.

It must be clear - either you are willing to have reasonable peace, or you are not!!!
        England agrees to such a reasonable starting point for negotiations.

Comment

[OOC] If you need some more time, a pause is acceptable. I am not finished my turn and will want to log in once more and act accordingly if you choose the war path.[/OOC]
          [OOC] As of this point in time, we are still at war. The play order has you playing first. Please play your turn. [/OOC]

Comment

"That is enough, Georgii - they are just fooling us" Queen Catherine said to her Military Minister.

Esli ne hotiat mira, dam ih sekira!

Comment

Marc Renaud, the Minister of Foreign Affairs sat in his office, reading again the recent public statement from the Inca.

On French Claims

...France, there is no justification for aggressive war, nor for aggressive dogpiling.

... your simple lies and half-truths will not persuade us.

....Your greed and sadism shine through the thin veils of "justification" and "security" you have tried to abruptly toss over the face of this war.

... You are but international muggers, bloody opportunists, now stealing bread from peasants of the English countryside to feed your villainous bands of thieves and murderers as they aim to steal yet more for King and Country.

.... as there is no inspiration in common thuggery.

.... So, you will make more poems of royal murder and royal lies, a people hopelessly obsessed with power and its machinations, in thrall to your barbaric royalty, unquestioning of its bloody and cruel nature, a nation crippled intellectually and scientifically by its military establishment, its purpose now clearly evident and on display for the world to see.
              Renaud smiled to himself. And this is the so-called 'objective' nation that was going to host the peace talks. It is no wonder the damnanglais and Rus were so eager to hold it there. He mused why they did not approach a truly neutral country such as India, or even Arabia for that matter.

But it was probably all for naught anyway. Russia finally showed her hand by declaring war on Neandor. The two giants of the world facing one another. Where would this end? And what would King Phillipe do after the last few days of furious diplomacy.

Renaud would find out within the hour. The King had summoned a meeting of senior officials.

Comment

Neander position on London

To the Inca Chair of the peace process.

"I believe London will be the sticking point in these discussions.

In a another world with different historic circumstance my deep held belief is that a kingdom or said nation should claim the right to its original capital if such kingdom or nation survives as an empire and as a distinct group of people.

Such is the case with the English in this world.

However, with such appalling planning on the site locations of London and Paris along with massive losses by France in the war, and given the historic cultural battle between London and Paris I believe that France has the right to gain ownership of London in this case.

King Phillipe has the right to claim London.

If it were possible for London's wonders to be moved I would consider that, but of course such a course is not possible.

If these negotiations had occurred BEFORE the French involvement I would be softer in my position but alas for too long all the warring nations have maintained their strategic advantages and insisted on their tactical moves. Neander is guilty of this also as we do not wish to extend the war to the colonies but we have been given no choice.

I also support any Viking claims to Northern England and am wondering if Plymouth is a negotiable point or whether another city more appropriately located by transferred to the English possibly along with some war reparations.

But in this lifetime London must surely be transferred to France.

I am open to calm and rational dialog on these matters but if threats and stand-over tactics are utilized by participant nations in these talks Neander will re-consider her position.

Advise to all nations involved... choose words and tones careful else these talks utterly fail as the world plunges into an abyss.

I will attempt to have an open mind and will be persuaded by reasoned argument and not aggression.

King Veneta of the Neander Line"
                The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

A Public Letter, RE: Peace Talks

On the Inca Chair

It appears that there is some controversy over the Inca mediating in these matters, as Inca have taken a very public side on the matters and have arms contracts with some of the active participants, being that we are traders and merchants primarily. Inca have also not heard from England as to their acceptance of Inca leadership. Inca wish for the peace process to proceed quickly, but if this peace is not properly attained now, it will only lead to further war and strife as bereaved parties, feeling slighted or cheated, will seek to justify those slights.

We thank the Neandor and other parties for their vocal support of such a prestigious Inca role, and hope an agreeable situation may be found for all regarding the chair, be it Inca or otherwise. We simply feel that there still are serious qualms over an Inca chair, and these must (quickly) be resolved before meaningful talks can begin.

On an Indian or Other Chair

The Inca feel that giving the chair to the Indians is laughable, not due to their status, but due to the fact they are actively engaged in the war with an official declaration and are an effective Neandor protectorate/puppet state. Whatever qualms one may have of an Inca chair, an Indian chair would surely be less fair and objective.

As much as the Inca wish to take part, perhaps Arabia, or a power like China, would be better suited for the role? A power clearly not involved yet meaningful on the world stage, and perhaps in closer proximity? As some aspects of the peace talks will necessarily involve China and Japan due to the Australian issue, giving the chair to the former would be a good idea, we feel.

On the Inca Position in the Pacific

All we ask is to have our voices heard on matters, especially those of the Pacific, as it is as direct an interest of ours as of the Indians or any other, being that it abuts our own colonies and is as close to us as to the Indians. Our preliminary stance is thus:

That if Australian lands are to change hands, they must change hands into Chinese or Japanese territory, as no other power has nearly as justifiable a claim as those two. This will avoid any issues over "spoils of war" and will resolve a potential flash-point of future conflicts once and for all. Still, Inca see no reason for these territories to change hands at present unless the various parties to the talks are in accordance with this approach.

Signed,

Pupotan Manco

Sapa Tantac Y'npazhak
                  Capaco, Empire of Inca
                  Last edited by Inca (DoE); April 2, 2011, 00:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
                    [B][SIZE=3]
                    On an Indian or Other Chair

The Inca feel that giving the chair to the Indians is laughable, not due to their status, but due to the fact they are actively engaged in the war with an official declaration and are an effective Neandor protectorate/puppet state. Whatever qualms one may have of an Inca chair, an Indian chair would surely be less fair and objective.
                    Mr Manco!

This does not help and it is absolutely wrong!

The Indians are a proud and independent people who have throughout history stood up for themselves, even against the Neander, in a defiant and strong manner. They are not at war with anyone.

They have negotiated tough with us and even closed borders and pressured us in other ways leaving us with no misunderstanding about who is controlling Australasian affairs.

-

And with the European war, since others refer to us as some sort of super-marionation expert, it is the Vikings who have set the pace in Europe, not Neander. As the Neander King I have purely and simply tailored our diplomacy to help reach mutually beneficial goals.

King Gozzo, King Phillipe and myself are equals in all respects. And other nations who have had dealings with the Neander may say that we negotiate true and fair. I trust this is so.

Veneta.
                    The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

Advise to all nations involved... choose words and tones careful else these talks utterly fail as the world plunges into an abyss.
                      There is no "peace-talks" to fail. You just continue with your hypocrisy. You claim the Inca biased and point out how Damn Anglais and Russia approved them - i.e. be happy by such a biased judge. The only biased thing here is you somehow missed that the Vikings approved them too
                      Vikings welcome peace talks. We approve the Inca as the host.
                      and the neandors too
                      I suggest the Inca chair the peace process.
                      You, Veneta asked about the acceptable terms for all the parties, but when you were said that the English will not leave London in enemy hands, you started to excuse the holding of London with the great losses France got while fighting this aggressive war - I can tell them that they would saved their losses by just staying at home, not launching an oversea invasion dog-piling already struggling to survive nation. Also your historical and cultural reasons. In your typical manner you put labels to the cities "ill-placed" you called ill-placed St.Petersburg too, despite it is exactly the same distance from my capitol as your city Nordica is from your capitol. And I even moved one tile away before settling Moscow. What gives you the moral right to have such claims to the other nations living places? Where the English were supposed to go if not settling on the shore? Aren't the French who settled aggressively Paris towards their tiny island?

It came to me now that none of you never actually wanted a just peace. You wanted the English destroyed and here they are. Neandor arranged it, the Vikings executed it and the puppet state of France finished them, so Neandor did not had to bloody their own hands too much. How it was "inevitable" to capture cities on the other side of the world? How they was supposed to help you relieve the blockade from your coast? How it came that "by accident" you captured the city you initially wanted to settle and then again "accidentally" the Indians gracefully dont want it, although you trumpeted to the whole world how fair you negotiated with them to have the right to settle in the Indian Ocean and you dont want any more colonies there? What they could tell? Are they nuts to oppose you and share the fate of the English? See for yourself how much they feel you are right - just 1 turn after your defensive pact was activated, they sign peace with England. This is what I call peace-loving nation. These acts only supports my initial thoughts that you claimed Australia for yourself when you initially planned this all.

Vikings are maybe the most fair in this - they straight and silent planned their war operation and executed it

If the world now let this to pass, it will be an official enact of the law of the jungle, not the right from this world. No one will be ever safe from now on from the aspirations of the strong of the day, being they Neandors, Vikings or even France.

I am asking all the nations of the world, even the one who we never met yet to stop trading with the evil Axis - the Neandors, the Vikings and the French. Condemn them now, close your borders and cancel all your deals with them, act now and dont bow and hide, hoping that the storm will miss you. Every time you shut-up for an injustice, small piece of your soul dies. Do you want to live in a soulless world?

What future this brings?

I write this proclamation exposing the evil machinations of the Axis to the world, carefully choosing my words, exactly as Neandor suggested it. My frustration is so big, that otherwise my words would be not ones who are supposed to come out of such an nobble elegant mouth as mine.

Catherine of Rus

Comment

I am not sure who you are shouting at Catherine but Neander supports the Inca chair. The French have a few problems with it, not us.

Neander is simply putting ideas forward as a contribution to the peace process. Do you understand how it works? All sides calmly put forward their ambit positions (not the final result) and then the negotiations begin, slowly working towards, hopefully, a resolution.

One can not insist on a final outcome at the outset of the peace process. I'm not sure where this sudden outburst is coming from.

Veneta.
                        Last edited by Germany (DoE); April 2, 2011, 02:38.

Comment

How it was "inevitable" to capture cities on the other side of the world? How they was supposed to help you relieve the blockade from your coast? How it came that "by accident" you captured the city you initially wanted to settle and then again "accidentally" the Indians gracefully dont want it, although you trumpeted to the whole world how fair you negotiated with them to have the right to settle in the Indian Ocean and you dont want any more colonies there?

Catherine of Rus
                          I'm not sure how you know this information but Perth is on offer to India without any issue.

Veneta.

Comment

I am not sure who you are shouting at Catherine but Neander supports the Inca chair. The French have a few problems with it, not us.
                            I am pointing out the absolutely biased statement of France that Inca is the preferred chairman by England and Russia and not saying a word that Vikings and Neandor approve them too. This is to imply how Russia and England want this "biased" chairman and we want to use this to our advantage, which is absolutely not the case.

I'm not sure how you know this information but Perth is on offer to India without any issue.

Veneta.
                            I have my sources of information too.

================================================== =

2 days have passed, and no Viking proposal, neither French proposal of any kind we saw. The only proposal is your and it is against everything you stated till now, either in public and in the conversation we had in private, when we decided that we must try and bring just end to this war.

While we wait to hear the French and Viking position, my position is the same that South Britannia must be returned to England.

And as we already stated, we suspect that French and Vikings are only using the Neandor diplomacy to buy time.

Comment

Perhaps, while we wait for the various powers to craft their starting positions for negotiations, we can agree on a framework for the talks, including rules, a timeline, and what exactly the nature of the chairmanship entails? Chief among these structural issues would be agreement to a ceasefire while the talks are ongoing, I would think.

I would suggest that each party posts its starting position regarding:
                              The territories of Brittany
                              The Australian territories
                              Reparations
                              Peace agreements
                              Borders, rights, etc
                              Promises regarding future actions (or inaction, example: we will not attack X for Y turns under such-and-such conditions)
                              Starting requirements (an end to open hostilities, blockades, whatever)
                              A vote for the chairmanship

Comment

Working...
                              X