Attention, New York Polytubbies:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention, New York Polytubbies:

Galnemer will be visiting the Big Apple this summer for a writer's convention; she'll be staying someone in Times Square, is my understanding. Any particular suggestions for things to see/do/go, and things to avoid at all costs?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

See everything outside Times Square. Avoid Times Square at all costs.

This is not sarcasm.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I will attempt to make a fuller response later, but one of the cheapest thrills is to take one of the many ferries (Jersey City, Hoboken, BK) to get a view of the city you can't get from anywhere in the city itself.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I was in NY for four days recently. Didn't do much planning ahead so I probably
        missed some important stuff, but I did take a ferry to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty,
        climbed the big skyscraper at Rockefeller center, visited the Intrepid aircraft carrier,
        the Natural History museum, Central Park, Brooklyn bridge, Harlem and other stuff I can't
        remember at the moment. My first time there, so I think all places were worth it and I
        don't really know what to recommend especially. I liked the architecture and the layout
        of the city, so just walking around randomly was fun for me.

Comment

Working...
        X