Suggest a new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
    I'm not sure if I am. As I said before I played SPI's "War in the east" in the 70's (I still have it too) so I have a nostalgic connection with the game and would like to see how it plays on a PC. OTOH, I despise the NAZI's and have no interest in re-creating their conquests.
    Play the soviets then
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Exactly. Or if you want a really in depth crazy detailed wargame get War in the Pacific Admirals Edition, also from Matrix.
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I could do that. I always take pleasure in beating the crap outa the Germans. OTOH, its fairly pricey for 1/2 a game. I noticed the War in the Pacific Admirals edition and its a good suggestion. Why havent you played the Napoleanic or ACW games ?
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I am not really interested in wargames of that era.

Also I have only a limited amount of time! I was leary about getting WitE because of the time involved. The other game I have played recently is Starcraft 2, which is excellent, and obviously quite a different kind of game, and not as time engrossing.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Spencer, I'm liking the Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome: Total War. They have one coming out soon for Medieval 2, as well.

At the very least, you'll learn a crapload. There is so much information in that mod.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If you are really serious about wanting a totally new "game", check out Aurora.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php#3 (subforum "Installation")

Check out this AAR to see what it's about:

This will be a game-play focused AAR for the free indie Space 4x game currently under development by Stephen Walmsley. The game itself is still in alpha, so this AAR may be terminated at any time by an unrecoverable bug... not too likely, though...

It's free, but it'll cost your life. *demonic grin*
              Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
              Let me eat your yummy brain!
              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Another thing you could try would be Mount & Blade... I think it is best described as some kind of Sandbox RPG...
                either in form of M&B Warbands (which plays in a fantasy world named Calradia and features medieval fights)
                or in Form of "With Fire and Sword", which plays in 17th century eastern europe (and therefore also features firearms) and plays along the novel of a polish author about the foundation of poland (as it came out in the beginning of the month, it still has a couple of bugs that need to be fixed however)

You can find them both here:

(game is free to play until your char reaches a certain experience level...afterwards you need to enter a key (which you can buy from taleworlds) to continue playing with this char)
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

How about Sins of the Solar Empire?
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

In my opinion Sins of a Solar Empire is somewhat overrated. Never quite got the hang of it. It is kind of hard to find a good alternative to the Civ's series...

Comment

I think you really need to know how to play Cooking Dash and Feeding frenzy. lol.

Comment

Hey dude, you can play 'Caesar 4' game. It is fantastic game.................

Comment

vgaplanets.nu

?hehe

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Presently some of the most popular games are Call of duty black ops, God of war three, Angry bird space, Plant vs. zombies, CDS global storm, Minecraft, Battlefield, Final fantasy XIII and many others.
                            Last edited by aadamjohnsons; May 25, 2012, 02:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Michel Ponting View Post
                              Hey dude, you can play 'Caesar 4' game. It is fantastic game.................
                              I liked Caesar 4 myself. It's one of the better non-Civ city building games.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I never played C4, is it good?

I missed the lack of a province map in the move from 2 to 3...
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X