Die iPad, Die Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die iPad, Die Die

I want a tablet. Yes, there's no point. But I still want one. It'll mostly be for casual web surfing, news reading, etc while on the couch (I multitask while watching TV a bit too much).

The iPad 2 looked tempting, except I don't like the 4:3 screen and I don't like the whole App Store bull****, and I don't like the lack of practical tabbed browsing in Safari Mobile, and I especially don't like how iOS multitasking works.

Enter Samsung!

The Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), coming June 8th. Same pricing as the iPad 2, but runs Android 3.0 with real multitasking and tabbed browsing, is lighter and thinner than the iPad 2, and doesn't have a nanny-state App Store. Also has a slightly larger, slightly higher res 16:9 display. It also has a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 1GHz CPU, same as the iPad 2.

Click the link for the article, tables, and pictures. Too much work to paste.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Just found out it also has a higher quality display than the iPad 2. It uses the brand-new PLS display technology, of which Samsung has 30 patents on. It's an evolution over the iPad 2's IPS display tech, 10% brighter with better viewing angles.

Also, 1GB of RAM instead of 512MB.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I hope Apple get a good kick in the teeth. F**kers.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey, you could donate the money to earthquake victims instead of buying something pointless. iPad owners are so selfish.

Comment

I am donating money to earthquake victims. Do you know how many parts are sourced from Japan on these tablets? China can't produce parts that refined yet.

Comment

I was in the Apple store in Covent Garden the other week (I was with other people, I'd never have gone in there by my own free will). Full of tw@ts and tourists.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That is good, I was afraid that Apple would dominate that market too.

I still am likely to get a Macbook Air this week...

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well, they're really going to town over the fact that it's 0.2mm thinner. That's something which, personally speaking, I'd struggle to notice, let alone give a toss about.

Looks like a nice piece of kit, though. I'd be tempted.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It's a full 2mm thinner than the version announced a month ago. That's the bigger deal, that it's about the same thickness as the iPad 2.

Comment

...and here I thought this was going to be about the hobbling of the ipad suppy chain.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Not interested in the Xoom Asher? The wireless version should be available in Canuckistan within the month.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Too bulky and heavy, and the screen has poor contrast and viewing angles.

It's also soon to be obsolete. Motorola just set orders only up through June, and tapering off until then. Looks like a Xoom 2 in June/July. Probably much thinner and lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          I am donating money to earthquake victims. Do you know how many parts are sourced from Japan on these tablets? China can't produce parts that refined yet.
                          Do you tell yourself that just to feel better about it ?

Comment

That's how I roll with charity. I also support many children in China.

Comment

Well i can't say your ignorant at least, your just a um.....

Comment

Working...
                              X